JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm not going to hold my breath on this one - until this session is gaveled out, I won't put it past these people to find some sneaky workaround to get these bills back on the docket. That said, if he doesn't manage to do that, we can be 100% certain he'll be ready to bring them back for the short session in 2018. People like Prozanski will never, ever stop their attacks on our rights. And unfortunately, a majority of Oregonians (especially those in his district), love him for it. Prozanski isn't our only enemy, those who continually vote him back in office are our enemy. Your fellow Oregonians don't give sh!t about your rights and empower goons like Prozanski to try and shut them down.
Honestly, as long as Soros and Bloomberg keep buying legislators, we will be fighting for our rights...

Prozanski isn't our only enemy, those who continually vote him back in office are our enemy. Your fellow Oregonians don't give sh!t about your rights and empower goons like Prozanski to try and shut them down.

It seems like a war of attrition to me, a fight for cultural values.

Unless we really start changing the people's hearts and minds, it's a fight we'll eventually lose- especially as more people are moving to cities and don't have any exposure to guns growing up.

The other factor in the attempted recall was a corrupt partisan Secretary of State... I suspect another attempt at a Prozansky recall might go differently... And get a fair and accurate signature count by the current Secretary of State

Yes, this right here is what happened and true to form the Liberal politicians continue to stump break their constituents!!!:mad::mad::mad:

I wouldn't put it past him to deliberately do a Procedural, try to lull us into a false sense of security... NEVER underestimate the underhandedness of a Prog. To be quite blunt, assume that the worst, most vile dirty tricks you can imagine are on the agenda and prepare accordingly, then any stopping short of that they do is a pleasant surprise.

According to Lars Larson, Floyd Prozanski accidentally killed these bills this afternoon by applying an incorrect procedure in his rush to get them through the process...

So at the moment, they are dead...

Flood Peter Courtney's office with calls and emails imploring him to ensure these bills and any portion of them remain dead and are not resurrected, in any form...

Appearantly ole Floyd isn't the brightest bulb in the box...

Have you heard what the actual error was? Was it not giving enough notice for public testimony? Or concealing the language of the bill until the last minute? Something else? I doubt this will be covered in the media, well, outside Lars, that is.

GUT AND STUFF
"Gut and Stuff": A slang term which refers to removing the text of a measure and inserting entirely new language which, while it may change the nature of the bill completely, still falls under the measure's "relating-to" clause.

#RecallPinkoFloydAGAIN

Hey now, I heard the pinkos don't like being associated with Floyd. They say it makes 'em look bad.

Have you heard what the actual error was? Was it not giving enough notice for public testimony? Or concealing the language of the bill until the last minute? Something else? I doubt this will be covered in the media, well, outside Lars, that is.
No, no details as to why. We'll probably never know the true reason. I consider Floyd to be the vilest of the legislative vermin in Salem. He make a swamp rat appear to be an upstanding citizen...

For the record on my prior, while it wasn't Oregon and it was small-town rather than State level let me say again... I KNOW these people, I grew up among them and was raised among their children in one of The RIGHT Programs. (Read: "invitation-ONLY school where I was brought in as a test-mill to hide what was really going on by inflating the 'Gifted Program's' test scores since I was consistently 99th-Percentile across the board.") And from that experience I KNOW how they think because despite my not being from one of The RIGHT Families they tried to bring me into the fold to become one of them... funny thing was, on the shuttle bus from my "home" school down there every morning the driver was counteracting them by playing Rush Limbaugh. Gotta love pre-PC crusty old ladies... I don't even know your name anymore, ma'am, but whoever you are, wherever you are out there in probably the Great Beyond now... THANK YOU.)

Here is what I sent out to them as testimony few minutes ago (I hadn't checked this thread yet so oh well). Does anyone know if I can enter the same testimony in again if they try this crap again with a different name ?

Also no offense to anyone in Idaho, I know you guys aren't bad at all but I figure if I'm trying to convince people on the left I should use their prejudice's to my advantage. Those on the right will see it for what it is and don't need convincing anyways.

To whom it may concern,

I am writing you to give testimony on how SB 868, 797, and 764 will likely hurt me and many other GLBTQ people in the state. Several years ago, I came here to Oregon after living my entire life in Southern Colorado. I moved here after several physical attacks that stemmed from me being outed as a lesbian by some people I had counted as friends. After these attacks, I became despondent and withdrawn. I began looking for a new place to call home. After some time, my partner and I chose Oregon to move to because, not only does the elected body in this state respect peoples' right to live as they wish in respect to gender identity and sexuality, but they have -- up until now -- mostly respected the right of the people to protect themselves from attackers.

The changes proposed will severely curtail my right and those of other minorities to be safe from those people who are bigoted and wish to harm us simply because we exist. We already have very clear and concise gun laws in place in the state of Oregon. We do not need these changes, and I would argue they will only make it harder for people like myself to acquire the means to defend ourselves and the ability to get a permit to carry out those means of defense where we are most vulnerable.

In closing, I'd like to leave you with this: When we were looking for a new state to call home, we did not choose California. Why? Although we would have found plenty of other GLBTQ people and allies in California, we would have been left unable to defend ourselves. On the other hand, we did not choose Idaho as our new home, either. We may have been able to easily defend ourselves in Idaho, but we would have been much more isolated and unable to connect with other GLBTQ people and allies there. We chose Oregon because of the compassion and, up until now, the mostly levelheaded legislation pertaining to the 2nd amendment. Passing these laws will help no one but the bigots and thugs who prey on the law abiding citizens of this state.

Thank you for your time,

Here is what I sent out to them as testimony few minutes ago (I hadn't checked this thread yet so oh well). Does anyone know if I can enter the same testimony in again if they try this crap again with a different name ?

Also no offense to anyone in Idaho, I know you guys aren't bad at all but I figure if I'm trying to convince people on the left I should use their prejudice's to my advantage. Those on the right will see it for what it is and don't need convincing anyways.

Great letter, thank you for taking the time to get involved. No doubt the opportunity to submit this same testimony will likely come up again before this session ends this summer. Floyd isn't going to let this go over some procedural error. And having testimony from the GLBTQ community simply shows this is an issue that extends beyond their stereotypical view of gun owners.

My letter to them highlighted the fact that these bills, especially the CHL bill, puts undo additional burden on the most vulnerable in our society, including GLBTQ, low-income, women/single mothers and minorities by adding more taxes (fees) and more requirements for training - much of which may be difficult for folks with limited means to attend. It also creates delays by requiring additional steps that may be difficult to fit into work schedules etc. since there will only be so many locations and classes available. This is a critical problem, especially for those that have an immediate need to gain a CHL for self-defense. It is truly unfair, and ironic, that those that have perhaps a greater need to arm themselves for protection are the ones most targeted by this proposed law.

Last Edited:
Everyone register an email to EveryTown so we can see this stuff ahead of time.

My worry about this is when I went to do this they wanted my name and address and I'm sure they will take our names and say "These people support our ideas". Maybe someone could set up a email group that they add to the every town email list and it just repeats the message to all of us ?

My worry about this is when I went to do this they wanted my name and address and I'm sure they will take our names and say "These people support our ideas". Maybe someone could set up a email group that they add to the every town email list and it just repeats the message to all of us ?

I gave them a BS name, they didn't ask for my address

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top