JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
According to Lars Larson, Floyd Prozanski accidentally killed SB797, SB764 and SB868, through an inappropriate procedure as he was trying to quickly push these through. Meaning they are currently dead...

Now is the time to flood Peter Courtney with calls and emails to ensure these bills stay dead and are not resurrected as some other twisted iteration or incarnation of their former selves...

Perhaps Prozanski should have to take a written test and demonstrate legislative competency before he's permitted to continue to serve in the state senate...
LMFAO! What a dork, in all seriousness this fight an't over. Continue to hammer them with your emails and testimonials.

According to Lars Larson, Floyd Prozanski accidentally killed these bills this afternoon by applying an incorrect procedure in his rush to get them through the process...

So at the moment, they are dead...

Flood Peter Courtney's office with calls and emails imploring him to ensure these bills and any portion of them remain dead and are not resurrected, in any form...

Apparently ole Floyd isn't the brightest bulb in the box...

What gave you the clue, his close-set a$$-eyes? ;)

This error aside, Floyd is a cunning and relentless foe. He should not be simply dismissed as a bungling buffoon who can't pass a dry fart, much less a series of new laws designed to incrementally erode the Second Amendment into meaningless rubble - and disarm all of us.

We should pay him (and his treacherous allies) the utmost grudging respect, as one would a venomous snake.

Im going somewhere worse unfortunately. All my firearms are staying with a family member. But it will be far away from corporate medicine and CareOregon and is rural where there is no one rioting and building homeless supercities.

I live "in somewhere worse, unfortunately" and it sux!!!! Neutering some firearms and leaving others in a nice safe up Nawth.

Brutus Out

What gets me is how something like this can just spring from nowhere, so quickly.

Thursday: Nothing.
Friday: Single-Paragraph bill morphs into 30-page, rights-restricting monolith.
Friday night: Website out of commission, bill cannot be viewed.
Saturday: Weekend.
Sunday: Easter holiday.
Monday: 8AM hearing on the bill.

If this bill were in regards to voting rights, gender equality rights, bathroom rights, etc, the left would seething. Furious at this kind of underhanded behavior.

But since it's about firearms, it's business as usual. A whole media campaign to demonize guns and 2A supporters is working very well, and has half the country fighting tooth and nail against a right so fundamental it falls below only freedom of speech and association in the Bill of Rights.

This, "whoops, over the course of a holiday weekend, it's the law!" behavior should be illegal.

100% agree! This was so BS and shouldn't be legal.

The part of this bill that gets me the most is the part that says a single family member can ask for your firearms to be confiscated, no questions asked, uphill battle to get you property (and rights) back.

I have several vindictive family members who if they knew about this would definitely use this as a weapon if they got mad at me :mad:.
Thanks Anti's give them more firepower whilst at the same time removing more of our rights. All in one morning at 8 am!

This error aside, Floyd is a cunning and relentless foe. He should not be simply dismissed as a bungling buffoon who can't pass a dry fart, much less a series of new laws designed to incrementally erode the Second Amendment into meaningless rubble - and disarm all of us.

We should pay him (and his treacherous allies) the utmost grudging respect, as one would a venomous snake.
Perhaps that snake should be beheaded...

I do agree, a procedural error is nothing, they'll be back more rabid than ever... But I also believe we have an opportunity to put lots of pressure on Courtney to move forward with other more critical legislation.

I've already begun beating that drum and will continue to do so until there's another hearing or until a bill is brought to the floor for a vote.

That's just me, I can be a RPITA...

I agree that those who are pro-gun never get a sufficient heads up. I've brought that up with Senate President Peter Courtney. I believe he has the power to reign in Floyd and provide a larger window of opportunity...

I expect nothing but crickets, but if enough people complain, one never knows, there might be some movement...

Just remember, we are not out of the woods... Provisions of any of these bills could be resurrected as new bills at any time...

Keep the pressure up, bows not the time to sit back, keep an eye on what's going on in Salem...

I'm sitting here trying to determine do I join Everytown so I get more of a heads up on public hearings for proposed legislation, seems to be the only way we're gonna get a sufficient heads up...

1. Thank god!
2. Source? Without a proper source I'm still on the edge of my seat with this one.
Folks, I heard this on Lars Larson this afternoon, he had an interview with someone from the state capital regarding all three bills, I didn't get the name of who he was interviewing, but Lars did confirm 3 times that the bills were dead because of a bungled procedure...

Haven't found anything in writing... Just what a heard from Lars on KXL...

I understand they died a procedural death at the hands of Ole Floyd this afternoon...

I'm not going to hold my breath on this one - until this session is gaveled out, I won't put it past these people to find some sneaky workaround to get these bills back on the docket. That said, if he doesn't manage to do that, we can be 100% certain he'll be ready to bring them back for the short session in 2018. People like Prozanski will never, ever stop their attacks on our rights. And unfortunately, a majority of Oregonians (especially those in his district), love him for it. Prozanski isn't our only enemy, those who continually vote him back in office are our enemy. Your fellow Oregonians don't give sh!t about your rights and empower goons like Prozanski to try and shut them down.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top