JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
. Obviously they were afraid to take this to a vote.

Maybe that means they shouldn't have done that, and knew they were doing something wrong. Too little, too late, I suppose.

Again, we are outnumbered at least 2 or 3 to 1. If we don't get ourselves organized and attend, we will lose rights during the legislative session.... You think SB941 was jammed down our throats? We've not seen anything yet...

Maybe if they didn't hold these hearings at 8AM on the day after Easter, it would help. Some of us working-class scrubs can't swing that despite our best efforts.

I received the email below and thought it was worth sharing.

4/17/17

Hello everyone,

Today is the last day to submit testimony on the three different gun bills that were heard in the Judiciary Committee this morning. You have until 5:00PM today to submit it. I would highly recommend you submit testimony to the committee administrator and in the subject line of your email, put down "gun testimony SB 868, 797 and 764." The committee administrators email is: [email protected]

The more testimony that is submitted to the committee for a permanent record, the better. It will help give those of us against these bills more to speak on in the future.

Sincerely,

Kim Thatcher
State Senator
District 13

900 Court Street NE
Salem, OR 97301
www.oregonlegislature.gov/thatcher
[email protected]

I sent in some written testimony. I encourage all of you to do the same if you couldn't get out there in person.

If this thing goes through, does anyone know what will it mean for people "in limbo?"

Hypothetically, if last week I had taken the required class & mailed my application to Multnomah County, will that application no longer be valid? Will it be back to square 1?

At the very end Prozanski was treated to a couple of personal attacks, the first of which was cut off before he got his whole 120 seconds... The second, was an older Latino gentleman, he called Floyd out for what these bills really are, it's about denying rights, to make us subjects to, and give the government total control and eventually disarm us.

Floyd should spend more time on solving the mental health emergency we have in Oregon than disarming its citizenry... But then again Soros and Bloomberg aren't concerned with mental health...

Again, we are outnumbered at least 2 or 3 to 1. If we don't get ourselves organized and attend, we will lose rights during the legislative session.... You think SB941 was jammed down our throats? We've not seen anything yet...

I've been down there twice for previous votes (SB 941), which were attended fairly well, but not as well as they could be. These guys do go out of their way to make it very difficult for people from the rest of the state and people that work M-F to come to these things. By setting them at 8am, it virtually guarantees anyone from somewhere other than the Salem or PDX area will drive there to give testimony.

Damn anti-gun voters are giving away the rights we have in this state to power-hungry liberty-hating losers like Prozanski, and Bloomberg is paving the way with plenty of $$.

Maybe now that we have the first decent SOS in years, folks may try a recall of Prozanski, et al again, maybe those signatures will actually be counted this time around.

I've been down there twice for previous votes (SB 941), which were attended fairly well, but not as well as they could be. These guys do go out of their way to make it very difficult for people from the rest of the state and people that work M-F to come to these things. By setting them at 8am, it virtually guarantees anyone from somewhere other than the Salem or PDX area will drive there to give testimony.

Damn anti-gun voters are giving away the rights we have in this state to power-hungry liberty-hating losers like Prozanski, and Bloomberg is paving the way with plenty of $$.

Maybe now that we have the first decent SOS in years, folks may try a recall of Prozanski, et al again, maybe those signatures will actually be counted this time around.

I'm also hoping Gorsuch helps on this front to undermine what Prozanski is doing.

Prozanski is doing his best to sneak his agenda into law on an otherwise quiet Monday, right under our noses. Sad indeed that our local news is chock full of irrelevant liberal crapola like tantrum marches and demonstrations demanding Trump's tax returns, but NOT A PEEP about gun rights being stolen by career hack politicians bent upon incrementally disarming all law abiding gun owners. Anyhow, here's what I got back in response to what I've emailed recently. I will follow up in the next hour, and I encourage everyone here to do the same!

Guys and gals - PLEASE FOLLOW THE LINK TO THE COMMITTEE ADMINISTRATOR BELOW and SPEAK UP!

-----------------------------
GUN TESTIMONY NEEDED
4/17/17
Hello everyone,
Today is the last day to submit testimony on the three different gun bills that were heard in the Judiciary Committee this morning. You have until 5:00PM today to submit it. I would highly recommend you submit testimony to the committee administrator and in the subject line of your email, put down "gun testimony SB 868, 797 and 764." The committee administrators email is: [email protected]

The more testimony that is submitted to the committee for a permanent record, the better. It will help give those of us against these bills more to speak on in the future.
Sincerely,

Kim Thatcher
State Senator
District 13
900 Court Street NE
Salem, OR 97301
www.oregonlegislature.gov/thatcher
[email protected]

Last Edited:
Would he not play a part of national recipocity?

I have an AZ and WA license.
As a non-legal type, it is my (admittedly limited) understanding that individual states can impose more austere measures than Federal. Meaning something (like concealed carry) is still okay everywhere else, but Oregon can put a much harder squeeze on citizens, just like California, and worse.

This turns citizens who responsibly carry concealed weapons now into criminals should we continue to do so in the future. And that's what Prozanski is hoping to have in place before Trump's common-sense approach gains any traction. Prozanski, Burdick, Brown, et al, are vote whores, pissing on the Second Amendment. Traitors to the citizens of this State and Country.

Last Edited:
According to Lars Larson, Floyd Prozanski accidentally killed SB797, SB764 and SB868, through an inappropriate procedure as he was trying to quickly push these through. Meaning they are currently dead...

Now is the time to flood Peter Courtney with calls and emails to ensure these bills stay dead and are not resurrected as some other twisted iteration or incarnation of their former selves...

Perhaps Prozanski should have to take a written test and demonstrate legislative competency before he's permitted to continue to serve in the state senate...

According to Lars Larson, Floyd Prozanski accidentally killed these bills this afternoon by applying an incorrect procedure in his rush to get them through the process...

So at the moment, they are dead...

Flood Peter Courtney's office with calls and emails imploring him to ensure these bills and any portion of them remain dead and are not resurrected, in any form...

Appearantly ole Floyd isn't the brightest bulb in the box...

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top