JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Just like they put in sb797 without a care again pissing on our rights. There was such a long line of people there trying to get in to give there view and oppose that law, but they did not give a S***. I am sick of antis getting there way no matter what anyone says.

I sent off emails to everyone involved saying (truthfully) that this kind of legislation is only helpful to violent bigots and criminals. Its kinda funny, in the last couple months I've talked about being gay more times in letters to my representatives more than I think I've ever talked about being gay in the rest of my entire life. (To be honest I have no idea how people build an entire community around it, the list of better things to base your identity around is almost limitless, but I digress....)
I figure the more hardcore gun grabbers see us gun owners as a monolith built of larry the cable guy and NASCAR so coming from a place they don't expect might knock them out of their single minded guns R bad loop long enough for them to see the truth about the crap they are shoveling.

I don't know if it will help but maybe If it doesn't I can cash in my " reverse privilege points" for some positive legislation from them ?

I shouldn't say this but if this bill passes and becomes law. It will not be the end of concealed carry in Oregon. It will only be the end of getting a Permit allowing Concealed carry in Oregon. Many of my friends carried before 1989 and many will carry after they make it impossible once again to get a permit. With the Huge up tic in people now accustomed to carrying compared to how many did it before 1989 I doubt the herd will be quiet on this.

Im going somewhere worse unfortunately. All my firearms are staying with a family member. But it will be far away from corporate medicine and CareOregon and is rural where there is no one rioting and building homeless supercities.
As long time listener, first time caller, I can say your voice of reason will be missed here. Homeless supercities is spot on, though I've never thought of it that way. God speed, medicine man.

I hope a lot of people are able to go to voice their opinions today.

I can't go today because of work otherwise I would be right there.

Very sneaky of them to put it at 8 am on Monday right after Easter.

I hope a lot of people are able to go to voice their opinions today.

I can't go today because of work otherwise I would be right there.

Very sneaky of them to put it at 8 am on Monday right after Easter.
That's typical Floyd Prozanski... I'm sure those in favor of making it more difficult to obtain a CHL in Oregon will be there en masse... When will this till be removed from office?

What gets me is how something like this can just spring from nowhere, so quickly.

Thursday: Nothing.
Friday: Single-Paragraph bill morphs into 30-page, rights-restricting monolith.
Friday night: Website out of commission, bill cannot be viewed.
Saturday: Weekend.
Sunday: Easter holiday.
Monday: 8AM hearing on the bill.

If this bill were in regards to voting rights, gender equality rights, bathroom rights, etc, the left would seething. Furious at this kind of underhanded behavior.

But since it's about firearms, it's business as usual. A whole media campaign to demonize guns and 2A supporters is working very well, and has half the country fighting tooth and nail against a right so fundamental it falls below only freedom of speech and association in the Bill of Rights.

This, "whoops, over the course of a holiday weekend, it's the law!" behavior should be illegal.

And, when you write, be sure to reinforce the fact that this bill undermines the rights of the most vulnerable in our society: single women and mothers, the elderly, the poor, minorities, LGBTQ - all the people that traditionally, we are told, are underserved, lack financial support and are at greater risk for attacks, etc. This proposed bill makes THEM greater targets, makes it harder for THEM to defend themselves - in short, it TARGETS the weakest and poorest among us. It puts requirements on people that can't get transportation to these classes, who can't afford, on top of a gun purchase, to keep pouring more and more money into a TAX ON THE VULNERABLE.

This is BS and clearly is aimed at HARMING every minority in Oregon. Be sure to ask them why they want to harm the poor, minorities, LGBTQ and women? What does Prozanski, et al, have against these poor folks??

What gets me is how something like this can just spring from nowhere, so quickly.

Thursday: Nothing.
Friday: Single-Paragraph bill morphs into 30-page, rights-restricting monolith.
Friday night: Website out of commission, bill cannot be viewed.
Saturday: Weekend.
Sunday: Easter holiday.
Monday: 8AM hearing on the bill.

If this bill were in regards to voting rights, gender equality rights, bathroom rights, etc, the left would seething. Furious at this kind of underhanded behavior.

But since it's about firearms, it's business as usual. A whole media campaign to demonize guns and 2A supporters is working very well, and has half the country fighting tooth and nail against a right so fundamental it falls below only freedom of speech and association in the Bill of Rights.

This, "whoops, over the course of a holiday weekend, it's the law!" behavior should be illegal.
The only way to beat this is to get a mole within the oppositions organization(s)... I'm sure they had sufficient heads up, much more than something suddenly at 4:00 PM on Friday... As did professional activists from Washington State, who were here to cry about evil guns... What about mental health????

Mom's Demand Action were out in force... As a matter of fact it was two or three to one in favor of the legislation...

Not a good showing from our side...

Just another poor showing... My dream is to see the tables turned, but there just doesn't seem to be sufficient commitment from the pro-gun side... No leadership, no organization, lack of real help from the big lobbiests...

Sad...

The only way to beat this is to get a mole within the oppositions organization(s)... I'm sure they had sufficient heads up, much more than something suddenly at 4:00 PM on Friday... As did professional activists from Washington State, who were here to cry about evil guns... What about mental health????

Mom's Demand Action were out in force... As a matter of fact it was two or three to one in favor of the legislation...

Not a good showing from our side...

Just another poor showing... My dream is to see the tables turned, but there just doesn't seem to be sufficient commitment from the pro-gun side... No leadership, no organization, lack of real help from the big lobbiests...

Sad...

So today's showing went poorly, huh? What garbage.

I'm very frustrated the modern political climate and the fearmongering.

This seems like a solution in search of a problem. As far as I know, we don't have any issues with CHL holders going on shooting sprees or accidentally hitting innocent bystanders due to a lack of range time...

I believe that honor goes to Bloomberg's precious NYPD. :)

Well, if you follow the money, it goes back to two individuals... Who have been very successful in buying the Oregon Legislature and State Government...

Still think the FBI needs to conduct a RICO investigation into all the positions as the date level, every represents it's, senator and all the leadership in Salem...

I got the chance to go down there today. I didn't speak. My first time to the capitol building. I got there a little after 8am. I was told unless you were making remarks you could sit in one of two viewing rooms. I was surprised at the amount of people that was there. Probably 50 in the room I was in, but the room was full. I assume the second room was about the same, The main auditorium downstairs looked to be at capacity from what we could see from the monitors.

In my room maybe 1/3 of the people were wearing red Every Town or other Anti-gun sweaters. A good number of people testifying in support of the bills were wearing them, also. One of the first people opposing the Bills was Philip Watson from the Firearms Policy Coalition. I feel they did him dirty because the committee had just announced if you had previously submitted material on your stance don't re-hear it, which Phil complied with but then many people after him ignored it and the board happily accepted their pro Bill statements. Shocking but true.

I did not stay for the entire meeting. The board was polite if not condescending, in my opinion. The writing was on the wall and I don't see any testimony changing their minds. Obviously they were afraid to take this to a vote.

I got the chance to go down there today. I didn't speak. My first time to the capitol building. I got there a little after 8am. I was told unless you were making remarks you could sit in one of two viewing rooms. I was surprised at the amount of people that was there. Probably 50 in the room I was in, but the room was full. I assume the second room was about the same, The main auditorium downstairs looked to be at capacity from what we could see from the monitors.

In my room maybe 1/3 of the people were wearing red Every Town or other Anti-gun sweaters. A good number of people testifying in support of the bills were wearing them, also. One of the first people opposing the Bills was Philip Watson from the Firearms Policy Coalition. I feel they did him dirty because the committee had just announced if you had previously submitted material on your stance don't re-hear it, which Phil complied with but then many people after him ignored it and the board happily accepted their pro Bill statements. Shocking but true.

I did not stay for the entire meeting. The board was polite if not condescending, in my opinion. The writing was on the wall and I don't see any testimony changing their minds. Obviously they were afraid to take this to a vote.
At the very end Prozanski was treated to a couple of personal attacks, the first of which was cut off before he got his whole 120 seconds... The second, was an older Latino gentleman, he called Floyd out for what these bills really are, it's about denying rights, to make us subjects to, and give the government total control and eventually disarm us.

Floyd should spend more time on solving the mental health emergency we have in Oregon than disarming its citizenry... But then again Soros and Bloomberg aren't concerned with mental health...

Again, we are outnumbered at least 2 or 3 to 1. If we don't get ourselves organized and attend, we will lose rights during the legislative session.... You think SB941 was jammed down our throats? We've not seen anything yet...

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top