JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I just now had a revelation, did anyone have & use facts that called out the politicians for receiving bribes (campaign donations) from Bloombergs ilk? These corrupt so-called elected officials need to be called out to the mat in public!!!:mad::mad::mad:

I know it's been brought up, numerous times, but it obviously hasn't done any good so far. Heck, even our horribly corrupt former Governor Kitzhaber managed to get re-elected to a 4th term when everyone in Oregon knew the crap he was pulling. Corrupt D's will continue to win over any R here in Oregon until the voters start pulling their collective heads out of their collective a$$es :mad:

It is now time to do it again, do it right and make it go national.
What I'm thinking is to have a suit coat made for a particular corupt politician, say Polanski, on that coat have large patches of their antigun sponsors (bribes or campaign donations) sewn onto it like Nascar drivers and present it to them in public.
I know it sounds silly but it is imperative that we get them exposed and out of office!!! Somehow.

I believe that waiting period was federal - wasn't it?
Federal 5 day wait under the Brady Act from 1994 until the NICS system went online in

IIRC there was a STATE handgun waiting period before that. I could be mistaken--
but I got my CHL in the late 80's primarily to eliminate that waiting period. I think.
Maybe.

This is specific to Oregon, related to SB941 from 2015. I asked my state Senator and Representative - Girod and Gilliam, respectively - if they'd consider introducing legislation that'd add CHL holders to the list of exemptions for doing background checks on private party firearm sales. Girod is going to do so, and Gilliam said he'd support it if it makes it over to the House side.

In my (humble) opinion, getting rid of SB 941 isn't going to happen in Oregon's current political climate. But a CHL holder exemption might make it. And as you all probably already know, the background check for CHL is more stringent than the instant check. Adding this exemption may even assuage gun control people's fears that folks aren't complying with the overall law.

There won't be an official Bill number until at least January, but I'd just like to encourage folks to contact their state Senators and Reps and ask them to support or even co-sponsor it.
Well done,I believe if all CHL holders share this info with all the other CHL holders they know that should be enough voices to get this up and running. Spread the word.

Expect a LOT of resistance because:

1) The state makes $10 off each BGC

2) The state records the make & model & serial number. With a BGC exemption for a permit, would they have a justification to do that? They want that data.

I hope this succeeds, but I don't see much hope for it.

Expect a LOT of resistance because:

1) The state makes $10 off each BGC

2) The state records the make & model & serial number. With a BGC exemption for a permit, would they have a justification to do that? They want that data.

I hope this succeeds, but I don't see much hope for it.
Nor do I, back door registration like this requires maximum compliance.

Federal 5 day wait under the Brady Act from 1994 until the NICS system went online in

IIRC there was a STATE handgun waiting period before that. I could be mistaken--
but I got my CHL in the late 80's primarily to eliminate that waiting period. I think.
Maybe.
There was. Oregon started background checks at Dealers in 89. From 89 until 96 there was a 5 day wait because the dealer had to wait for the background check to come back from OSP. In 96 Oregon went to the instant check system and the waiting period was removed.

Somewhat related, but two weeks ago I purchased a pistol from a local gun shop on a Saturday morning. He said I was 24th in the que for my BGC, but since I had my CHL I jumped to #2! #1 was another CHL who beat me by a few minutes on the paperwork.

Nice little perk to renew that thing every few years.

I'm not sure if I should just start a new thread, but I got an email from my Senator saying the Bill exempting CHL holders from private sale background checks was introduced today.

Oregon Legislative Information System

If you are so inclined, please contact your Reps & Senators to support. It should get to a Committee soon. When it does, please contact that Committee Chair to get it a hearing, etc.

I'm pretty sure the next step for the bill is assignment to the Senate judiciary committee. Here are the committee members:

(D) Chair Senator Floyd Prozanski 503-986-1704 [email protected]
(R) Vice-Chair Senator Kim Thatcher 503-986-1713 [email protected]
(D) Member Senator Michael Dembrow 503-986-1723 [email protected]
(R) Member Senator Dennis Linthicum 503-986-1728 [email protected]
(D) Member Senator James Manning Jr. 503-986-1707 [email protected]

Good call. It just got referred to Judiciary. Folks can email the committee members directly, or you can send emails to the Committee in general for public testimony:

Oregon Legislative Information System
[email protected]

In general, I like the idea of this, but (reviving an old thread, for perspective).... Look at what they're trying to do with background checks now...
So, I still like the idea in general, but it does mean that if this went through, they'll attack the CHL process even harder, and maybe that's what the current bill (SB719a? IIRC) are preemptively doing...

In general, I like the idea of this, but (reviving an old thread, for perspective).... Look at what they're trying to do with background checks now...
So, I still like the idea in general, but it does mean that if this went through, they'll attack the CHL process even harder, and maybe that's what the current bill (SB719a? IIRC) are preemptively doing...

Probably require a DNA test some dayo_O

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top