Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

WTB WA /OR - Looking for the cheapest parts I can find to build an AR-15

Discussion in 'Rifles Wanted' started by Joe13, Jan 5, 2015.

1. Joe13

Joe13 NW of Vancouver Opinionated & Blunt Bronze Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

I'm goin to try and build the cheapest AR-15 I can. I mean dirt cheap, bottom of the barrel used parts.

I honestly don't have the funds to buy everything new, even the bargain sale stuff at one piece here and there:oops: but thought there may be enough used parts on this board that people don't want that I may be able to tap into and at least get something put together.

If you have something that you think would fit the bill then shoot me a message or post it here and let me know what you want for it.

If this is a stupid idea, then tell me so - I'm an AR virgin and want to get my feet wet:cool:

2. IronMonster

IronMonster Washington Opinionated Member Diamond Supporter

What is dirt cheap? My personal feeling is its going to take $350-$400 to do it as cheap as it can be done without lucking into some fantastic deal.

Joe13 likes this.
  3. IronMonster

4. Joe13

Joe13 NW of Vancouver Opinionated & Blunt Bronze Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

$400 or less would be ideal. If I could do it for $250 then that would be fantastic! $150 anyone?:D

If I could let go of a firearm then that would make it easy but I don't have anything that I don't love so that's out.

It was just an idea, it may take a month or 6 but I feel like I've waited too long to get on the AR band wagon.

I figure I can build a quality rifle in the future when my finances are different.

5. Joe13

6. IronMonster

I have built half a dozen "cheap" AR's and $400 is a good goal. You might do a little better but dont hold your breath.

Buy yourself a bargain lower and start scouting parts. Its a great time to be building a cheap AR, tons of options and relatively good parts from small bucks

Joe13 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.