Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

WTB WA :OR - Looking for a Deffense Shotgun - have $100

Discussion in 'Shotguns Wanted' started by Joe13, Jan 6, 2015.

1. Joe13

Joe13 NW of Vancouver Opinionated & Blunt Bronze Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

Only have $100.

I am looking for a pump action 12ga ONLY.

Either an 18" barrel or one that can be sawed off.

I am a big fan of the JC Higgins and Hi-Standard 12ga's made in the '50 & '60's.

Must have a stock, no pistol grip onlys.

Finish is not an issue as long as the gun mechanics are in good condition.

Thanks,

Joe

2. IronMonster

IronMonster Washington Opinionated Member Diamond Supporter

A hundred bucks hu? Shoot I just bought a 18" barrel for a 870, the cheapest one they make, and it was $140 with shipping.

You might be able to find something in the C note range, but if its really defense (as in your life depends on it) I think I would save up at least another Grant, Maybe even a Franklin....

ddnuts and Dallas Ken like this.
  3. Joe13

Joe13 NW of Vancouver Opinionated & Blunt Bronze Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

They are out there.

Just recently bought a JC Higgins 12ga pump made by hi standard with a jeweled bolt, all metal and wood parts and it's so smooth that I named her Honey ;)

She has an adjustable choke and vented ribs and is just too nice to cut 6" off the barrel.

I've seen plenty of older shotgun that are better made then 90% of the newer stuff and cost penny's on the dollar if you can find the right person that just doesn't give carp about some 1950's gun the grandpa used to hunt with.

If I had the 5 bills Id get a new shotgun that's ment for offensive battle.

4. IronMonster

IronMonster Washington Opinionated Member Diamond Supporter

Well you must have better luck than me, Make sure and show us what you find ;-)

5. Joe13

Will do man!

They aren't everywhere but if I couldn't find great deals then I wouldn't be able to afford new toys.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.