JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Reminders for Wed Washington County Meeting:

Bring your Veteran "undecideds", ask them to come and take a look and not rely on the media's view of our organization.

NOTE: This meeting will be in front of the "...undecideds...", from a "...hearts and minds..." perspective, they are the GREY MEN & WOMEN, we need to win them over, or keep them embracing their undecided status. Any one being impolite, overly negative, loud, hostile, etc...could tip the undecideds in the wrong direction. Embrace your inner quiet professional.

1. Dress in a manner appropriate to the type of organization you want to portray. No one is asking you to wear a suit and tie, the less camo, etc...the better. In an urben setting, urban camo is not the same as Woodland Camo.

2. Promote a general condition of good order and discipline. Everyone will be excited, respect each others turn to speak, don't talk over the top of anyone. No kidding, raise your hand to be recognized, stay on topic then speak.

3. Bring a US Flag to display if allowed by the site owner.

4. Be ready to discuss your personal strengths and what you can bring to the current organization efforts. Everyone can bring something to the table, you may not think that your Ham Radio hobby is a big deal, but you may be the commo coordinator that we desperately need.

POTENTIAL Organizational needs:

a. Commo, secure commo (we tend to rely on our cell phones way too much, alternative communications are always a good idea). We will need communications options other than Facebook and MeetUp, that is inevitable.
b. Senior Organization. Seniors are an excellent source of skills, more often that not, critical skills.
c. Public Outreach (Police, National Gurad/Reserve, Sheriff, others...) These folks are the primary focus of the National Group, at the local level, their abilities will be invaluable.
d. Public Gathering (Be creative, places we can perform outreach efforts...) Church, retail establishments, lunch rooms, public gatherings, Wednesday at PIR, EXPO center events, etc...
e. Access to "Group Buy" capabilities: Food Storage, Water Purification. If we need spare stuff, getting it at a cost savings never hurts. Think Safe Castle, Ready Made Resources, et...
f. Mobility: Keeping transportation capabilities in good running order. Not everyone will be able to make each meeting, there will be conflicting needs, be ready and willing to lend a hand.
g. INTEL: HUMINT, SIGNIT, etc... This will have a variety of applications. We all mail things in an envelope right? Some times what you want to say is not appropriate for the back of a post card.
h. OPERATIONS & PLANNING: Nothing can replace a good S-3 shop.
i. Logistics: Creative sources for consumables.
j. Civil Affairs: How our talents may be able to assist local Civilian Leadership?

OK, everything you just posted above makes me leery of your organization. I don't have to rely on media, your post was creepy enough.

They're one of the better organizations out there. Their intent is second to none. There's a lot of posers in every organization but if their mission statement (to not follow or enforce unconstitutional orders/laws) succeeds within just one of their members, it makes a world of difference.

Thanx Chariot13, much appreciated. The current push is the National Offices, "...Citizen Preservation Team..." concept, take a look. At first glance it seems very controversial, but check out one of many YOUTUBE interviews with Stuart Rhoades speaking about the initiative. Come to your own conclusion.

Ironbar? Spoken like a true non-Veteran, go get 'em big boy.

Thanx Chariot13, much appreciated. The current push is the National Offices, "...Citizen Preservation Team..." concept, take a look. At first glance it seems very controversial, but check out one of many YOUTUBE interviews with Stuart Rhoades speaking about the initiative. Come to your own conclusion.

Ironbar? Spoken like a true non-Veteran, go get 'em big boy.

I dont have to be a veteran to use my common sense dude.

I dont have to be a veteran to use my common sense dude.

They are taking a "force multiplier" approach similar to how the Green Beenies (SF) roll. Each team member specializes in a certain operational aspect, then cross-train each other for redundancy, which in turn they train local/indigeonus folks into an organized group.

What the Oathkeeprs are endeavoring to do is help the willing general populous to learn survival skills for a SHTF situation, and in turn have those citizens train up others who are willing... Force Multiplication. It's intent is to HELP the citizens remain free and independent, not overthrow the precious goobermint, per se'.

And no, I'm not affiliated with the Oathkeepers, or and any other group, private, public, or political.

I think the National message is clear, please do take the time and read it. When I read it, I got on the phone to ask if they were serious, clearly the message can and will be misinterpreted, skewed, abused.

I do, however, request that anyone, even mildly interested, come to the meeting on the 13th to judge for yourself. Its only a few dollars of gas money. In the end, it will be the local leaderships willingness to either lead with a very level head or refuse to step aside and let others take the helm, that will galvanize or alienate people.

Like any force multiplier operation, your success or failure depends on the willingness of the local population, the undecideds to embrace your message/cause or not actively undermine it. When you are miles behind the FEBA with twelve guys and several hundred little brown people with guns, you better have a plan to sway public opinion.

Just shy of 1/2 of the US population is existing on Government handouts now, some by design, some not. The "nots" will be the undecideds to win over. If you were to ask everyone to stencil "...FROM YOUR WALLET TO MY POCKET, I LOVE OBAMA..." on their car, many would leap at the opportunity, some would become introspective, some would go out and scrape the Obama/Biden 2008 bumper sticker off their car.

I believe that the goal of the current "Civilization Preservation Team" initiative is to rally folks around tried and true American values of self reliance, while offering them their own neighbors to lean on instead of a Government handout. As a Veteran organization, they are asking their membership to reach out to other undecided veterans.

So, I am reaching out to you. If you are undecided, come and see for yourself. If you are a member, want to become a member, want to know more, come see for yourself. If you are not a member, not a veteran but understand the magnitude and power of the message, come for the fellowship.

"...the mark of a professional, is doing your best, even when you don't want to..."

I am a veteran. I am not a Oathkeeper. But I really appreciate what they are doing. In my view they are the only ones standing in the way of tyranny. Who else on here is going to stick their neck out? Thank You Oathkeepers for looking out for us!

I think the National message is clear, please do take the time and read it. When I read it, I got on the phone to ask if they were serious, clearly the message can and will be misinterpreted, skewed, abused.

I do, however, request that anyone, even mildly interested, come to the meeting on the 13th to judge for yourself. Its only a few dollars of gas money. In the end, it will be the local leaderships willingness to either lead with a very level head or refuse to step aside and let others take the helm, that will galvanize or alienate people.

Like any force multiplier operation, your success or failure depends on the willingness of the local population, the undecideds to embrace your message/cause or not actively undermine it. When you are miles behind the FEBA with twelve guys and several hundred little brown people with guns, you better have a plan to sway public opinion.

Just shy of 1/2 of the US population is existing on Government handouts now, some by design, some not. The "nots" will be the undecideds to win over. If you were to ask everyone to stencil "...FROM YOUR WALLET TO MY POCKET, I LOVE OBAMA..." on their car, many would leap at the opportunity, some would become introspective, some would go out and scrape the Obama/Biden 2008 bumper sticker off their car.

I believe that the goal of the current "Civilization Preservation Team" initiative is to rally folks around tried and true American values of self reliance, while offering them their own neighbors to lean on instead of a Government handout. As a Veteran organization, they are asking their membership to reach out to other undecided veterans.

So, I am reaching out to you. If you are undecided, come and see for yourself. If you are a member, want to become a member, want to know more, come see for yourself. If you are not a member, not a veteran but understand the magnitude and power of the message, come for the fellowship.

"...the mark of a professional, is doing your best, even when you don't want to..."

None of what you state here pertains to their mission statement to "refuse to obey, comply, or enforce unconstitutional laws." If that's their MISSION, that's fine...if it's NOT, they should change their mission statement.

Don't worry about anything..your government will take care of you!

Now, heads back in the sand..hey, did you see what they said about the kardshians? Dude, the PS4 is almost out. Yo, McDs is now taking EBT. Sweet!

The primary Oathkeepers mission "...Oath Keepers is a non-partisan association of current and formerly serving military, reserves, National Guard, veterans, Peace Officers, and Fire Fighters who will fulfill the Oath we swore, with the support of like minded citizens who take an Oath to stand with us, to support and defend the Constitution against all enemies, foreign and domestic, so help us God. Our Oath is to the Constitution..."

There is a current initiative the National office is branding as the "...Civilization Preservation Initiative...". "...Oath Keepers is instructing its 30,000 members nation-wide to form up special teams and sub-teams in each Oath Keepers chapter, at the town and county level, modeled loosely on the Special Forces "A Team" (Operational Detachment A ) model, and for a similar purpose: to be both a potential operational unit for community security and support during crisis, but also, as mission #1, to serve as training and leadership cadre, to assist in organizing neighborhood watches, organizing veterans halls to provide community civil defense, forming County Sheriff Posses, strengthening existing CERT, volunteer fire, search-and-rescue, reserve deputy systems, etc., and eventually to assist in forming and training town and county militias (established by official act of town and county elected representatives). We want our chapters to organize themselves as a working model that we can then take to other veterans organizations, such as the VFW, American Legion, Marine Corps League, etc. in each town and help them establish such teams within their already existing veterans halls. And likewise, to serve as a model and training cadre to help churches, neighborhood watches, and any other civic organization organize..."

I am a veteran. I am not a Oathkeeper. But I really appreciate what they are doing. In my view they are the only ones standing in the way of tyranny. Who else on here is going to stick their neck out? Thank You Oathkeepers for looking out for us!

With them now "Going Operational" I am encouraged that they are going to be a deterrant between the .gov and the American people.

<broken link removed>

they are accepting new memberships!!!

I'm a life member and the Assistant Coordinator for Jackson County. This really is an organization out to do good, and not a militia, though there seem to be some misconceptions about that. We are working with local government, and making sure they remember that they took an oath to uphold the constitution against all enemies foreign and domestic. We are finding everyone quite receptive so far.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top