JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I've been laid off for about a month now - and so far none of my job apps or interviews has panned out. I'm in the process for some government jobs, but those processes are slloooooooow and no guarantee of getting them. I'm thinking about getting my security certifications back and doing that again just to get some cash flow coming back in. I know there are certified trainers here - but I can't remember who does it, and which classes they offer.

If I go this route, I'm gonna go for unarmed and armed training/certifications.

I've been laid off for about a month now - and so far none of my job apps or interviews has panned out. I'm in the process for some government jobs, but those processes are slloooooooow and no guarantee of getting them. I'm thinking about getting my security certifications back and doing that again just to get some cash flow coming back in. I know there are certified trainers here - but I can't remember who does it, and which classes they offer.

Call Doug Tollen. Oregon security training. He does armed and basic both. Located in Sherwood. Good guy, good training. BTW, armed gigs are hard to get and usually pay nearly as crappy as basic Officers get. Greydog.

Jim Jacobe in Salem offers classes. Jim's Jacobe Firearms/Self-Defense and Use of Force Instructor homepage

Call Doug Tollen. Oregon security training. He does armed and basic both. Located in Sherwood. Good guy, good training. BTW, armed gigs are hard to get and usually pay nearly as crappy as basic Officers get. Greydog.

industry must be changing. when i did that work before, armed usually paid $10-12 per hour or more, unarmed was usually 8-10. not great but 2-3 an hour more is a big difference between them. kind of like dog turds v horse turds. ;)

Yea, wait till you get a Deficiency letter from Oregon saying that you must hold a DPSST Cert to be your own security on a Repossessions in the state of OR. I also had the same question where to get DPSST training in the Portland Area...

I need to check in here more often...

You may have already found a trainer, but if not...

If you need DPSST Security Training as stated by Greydog 111 (thank you for the the nice post) I offer the Basic 12.00 hr course and the 24.0 hr Armed "Up-Grade".

Send me an e-mail or PM I dont want to break any forum rules here its a great site.

Jim Jacobe is also an exclent trainer. You should be able to find quality instruction from any of the trainers on the Armed Security Up-Grade list.

The Security Industry had changed in many ways since I started in 1985. The advent of DPSST in 1997 was very good thing for our industry. The wages are not as high as they
should be because people choose to work for those wages and companies constantly base thier bids on $ and not on quality and value added services.

I would like to see more Armed Security with the 2008 up dated DPSST training.

Respectfully,

ORSECTRAIN
"Be Safe Out There!"

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads