JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
When a situation arises that requires a similar explanation I have tried to put it into terms which those close to me will understand. This is usually to no avail. They are set in believing that we are in the community of Oregon within the Country called the U.S. Is this due to what seems like decades of training revolving around nationalism?

The real estate that I own is the nation of Me, it is located within the precinct of Marion. We are also located geographically within the boundaries of the Nation (State) of Oregon and within the Union of Nations called the United States. I have agreed to abide by the laws of each respective community.

Don't misunderstand; I'm probably one of the most patriotic people that you'll ever know. A short bio would read like; Cub Scout, Boy Scout, U.S.M.C., Public board member & Civic volunteer.

Remind me sometime to tell you a story about Little League.

I don't question your sense of civic duty in the least, and I do have to say that I've had a similar educational outreach experience with those close to me and those I get into talks with about these kinds of issues. It's a confirmation of how potent weaponized ignorance is. If you can program people to invest their individual and social identity into a belief, the task of getting them to question their belief is the same as asking them to abandon the investment they have made with their identity. That's just too scary for a lot of folks.

From what I've learned in case law, your question about "decades of training revolving around nationalism" is dead-center on target with where people should be directing their attention to look for answers about the heart of our nation's problems.

In post #14, I put some evidence out there for how Oregon's public schools are deliberately denying students the lawfully required educational experience on the Constitution(s) and laws, that are intended "to promote and develop an upright and desirable citizenry". A deprivation of that knowledge can only impair State Citizens' efforts to make informed decisions about how they perform their civic duties.

For example, most people don't know that there are literally no less than three distinct kinds of "citizen" under the Constitution,....each of them having different degrees of rights protection that come from different parts of the Constitution. There are State Citizens (we've already talked about them) and two kinds of federal citizens (Washington DC citizens and territorial citizens). For federal citizens, Congress actually has the lawful authority to "legislate" their rights to them and modify those rights legislatively as Congress sees fit.

There are also three distinct meanings in the law for the term "United States" (there is SCOTUS case law for this). In one sense it can mean the Union of the several States under the Constitution. In another, "United States" is the corporate name of the federal government that acts as the legal agent for the Union of the several States. The last sense is a non-legally binding sense. It is the street sense of "United States" that means everything that characterizes what the flag represents, often in the context of how foreigners put a name on matters relating to our nation in the world's family of nations.

So since it's a fact (and I'll support that with case law if need be) that federal citizens' rights are subject to the whim of Congress through federal legislation, it goes without saying that we, as State Citizens, should see how it's in our interests to make sure which sense of "United States" is being used when we call ourselves "citizens of the United States". For example, the general definition of "United States" that is in play in Oregon's statutes is found at ORS 174.100(9), see below:

GENERAL DEFINITIONS
(Miscellaneous)
174.100 Definitions. As used in the statute laws of this state, unless the context or a specially applicable definition requires otherwise:
(9) "United States" includes territories, outlying possessions and the District of Columbia.

The Constitution puts control of matters related to "territories", "outlying possessions" and "the District of Columbia" solely in the hands of Congress. Therefore, it stands to reason that there might be a problem with "State" Citizens calling themselves "citizens" of one of those places where Congress can constitutionally legislate rights and regulate them administratively, especially en masse through the signing of everyday government forms that require people to declare that they are a "citizen" of one of those places....... under penalty of prosecution for false swearing.

This is one of those areas that I am still researching to cross my "t"s and dot my "i"s, but the way the puzzle pieces are coming together so far, it's very difficult for me to not call the picture on the table as I see it. This picture certainly goes a long way toward explaining how and why Congress' role in our lives has evolved to its present place and why it is that we don't understand it.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top