JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Reactions
Does my Oregon CHL allow me to carry a concealed SBR? Specifically I am thinking of the B&T TP9-N which is small enough to wear under a coat. I keep seeing that there aren't any laws against carrying a loaded long gun, but the information on that seems ambiguous, because I can't figure out if my CHL would exempt me from carrying a loaded long gun concealed or openly. I am in Multnomah county.

Concealed carry AR pistol

maxresdefault.jpg

Not sure it will fly in Washington after I-1639.

This is going to start a debate, but why do you think you need to carry a carbine? A CHL is for defensive purposes. If you are going somewhere on a regular basis where you need to carry a carbine under your jacket, you need to re-examine your choice in being there. A CHL is NOT a toy to show off what gun you carry.

Yeah, but he said "under my coat." This kind of question immediately raises red flags for me.

Oh, yeah that is kind of heavy. Maybe he is going to an Antifa rally? Of course if you dare show your carry in Portland without first getting beat half to death, you get the polyester pile up and lose your gun rights. *This rule does not apply to local business owners. The city knows if they F with the people who actually work and pay taxes, everything collapses.

And of course you can't use deadly force to protect property. However a paintball gun with police riot pepperballs sounds like a good idea for situations like this

I'm going to say no... just because it's not a good idea anyway.
Good luck explaining to LEO that you are indeed the good guy when you just used an SBR in a self defense shooting... or the judge, but I doubt you'd make it that far.:confused:

Firearms are not a magic wand. We keep saying it's just a tool but when good guys end up in bad situations because of poor decisions, firearms end up as a weapon for the gun grabbers.

California is about to unlease another wave of unconstitutional, anti American, anti civil rights gun laws this week. Right now the other side know so little about firearms they never learn until someone shows up with one. Whatever it is will be labeled ' a new kind of AR'. This is a case of keeping your poweder dry until another day and use what's available. At least thru the next election.

Do NOT carry around an expensive NFA firearm that requires a $200 tax stamp on top of the cost of the weapon.

If you're involved in a self-defense shooting your weapon will most likely be seized as evidence (and there'll be no guarantee it'll be stored properly) until the case is adjudicated, which could take days, weeks, months, or even years.

Carry a reputable, "inexpensive" production gun such as a Glock or S&W M&P series for self-defense. That way your lost/damaged $2,500+ piece won't leave you crying the blues (too much anyway), and it won't be as likely you'll be portrayed as "looking to shoot someone" by carrying something "uncommon".

This is going to start a debate, but why do you think you need to carry a carbine? A CHL is for defensive purposes. If you are going somewhere on a regular basis where you need to carry a carbine under your jacket, you need to re-examine your choice in being there. A CHL is NOT a toy to show off what gun you carry.
Handgun with a brace =/= carbine, though.

Yeah, because so many people buy braces due to hand and arm injuries that prohibit them from properly holding a firearm.
:rolleyes:
I don't think braces should be illegal, but let's not pretend we all don't know what the VAST majority are used as.

Also, he said "Rifle" in the first sentence.

But, back to my original point; If you're going somewhere that you need more substantial firepower, you probably shouldn't go there. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

There have been rare cases, such as the Chicago (shocking) Dr and his family surrounded by the motorcycle gang, where he ramned thru and ran a guy over. They were swarmed by angry gang members. That family was at the mercy of the gang once they were stopped. I could see where an AR pistol or similar would be a bonus to have access to.

Yeah, because so many people buy braces due to hand and arm injuries that prohibit them from properly holding a firearm.

It's called working within the law. It's not a loophole or illegal at this time. The majority are uneducated with NFA which the OP asks a honest question.

I'm thinking carrying an SBR would have hidden dangers that one might not expect. You would probably find yourself wanting to enter buildings from the top down, kicking down the restroom door and clearing it before use, maybe tossing some MK3's around. Seems like trouble to me. Seriously though, it does seem like it would be a bit hard to explain if you ever had to use it.

I don't think braces should be illegal, but let's not pretend we all don't know what the VAST majority are used as.

Also, he said "Rifle" in the first sentence.

But, back to my original point; If you're going somewhere that you need more substantial firepower, you probably shouldn't go there. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
Your rationale for buying your brace is your own. Your method of use is your own. Neither of these affect the fact that the CURRENT ATF ruling states using the brace in the unintended way doesnt change the weapon In question- in the same way using a Thigh Master to launch water balloons doesn't make it a trebuchet.

Also, I'm the only one offering a viable solution for OP regarding the use of the pistol he mentioned by name and model in a way that is legal.

Your rationale for buying your brace is your own. Your method of use is your own. Neither of these affect the fact that the CURRENT ATF ruling states using the brace in the unintended way doesnt change the weapon In question- in the same way using a Thigh Master to launch water balloons doesn't make it a trebuchet.

Also, I'm the only one offering a viable solution for OP regarding the use of the pistol he mentioned by name and model in a way that is legal.

I swear talking to gun owners is starting to feel like talking to liberals. I know it's legal, and I could care less why you buy one, but don't pretend like we all don't know that people are using it to get around the NFA. Point of fact, that was your EXACT reasoning in this thread. Furthermore, I could care less if you do. Just be real about it.

Yes, you pointed out a viable solution that could potentially has severe repercussions on every gun owner in the state. Just because you CAN do something, doesn't mean you SHOULD.

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads