JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Hmmm I know you are being humorous. ...but I dont see why it couldn't be done...a lower doesnt really need all that material....I just bought a broken lower (trigger guard) . I may do this for fun!!!!!!!!

What do you intend to do with this gun? Most all of those super light parts yall are talking about are for comp or play guns. Do you really want to carry this thing? In my mind I would much rather have a 6 pound gun that works 100% of the time than a 5 pound gun that works most of the time. You go and spend big money to shave a pound to have a less reliable rifle.

Hmmm I know you are being humorous. ...but I dont see why it couldn't be done...a lower doesnt really need all that material....I just bought a broken lower (trigger guard) . I may do this for fun!!!!!!!!

There is a lot of superfluous material there but it does not add up to much weight, Just like that super cool Aero lower in the link. That thing is gutted and with it you lose .16 pounds?

How about this? Plop a 20 round mag in there instead of a 30, I just saved you three times as much weight as what you would gain with that super trick Aero (about a third pound)

There is a lot of superfluous material there but it does not add up to much weight, Just like that super cool Aero lower in the link. That thing is gutted and with it you lose .16 pounds?

How about this? Plop a 20 round mag in there instead of a 30, I just saved you three times as much weight as what you would gain with that super trick Aero (about a third pound)

Agreed. I guess what is the intent, a fully loaded...amaapfa (as much ammo as possible for attack) or a gun for fast target acquisition or the op is a weak sob. ...I like to have guns that are super light, normal and heavy weight all in a similar platform and caliber...they all have the own purpose.

I was kidding about the drilling holes but i'm sure there's a few lowers out there with speed holes in it.

You could carry around a M14 for a while and then the AR won't seem so bad?

I'm not helping much.
In my opinion if your wanting a super light weight AR, super accurate, or a comp gun your paying for it. $3k and up

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top