JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
When pricing, understand that for some firearms the price can vary quite a bit depending on differences - a specific variation of a firearm model can easily double or triple the price. Some "commemoratives" are actually worth less than the base model, some quite a bit more.

In short, get as much info as you can about the gun and have someone who knows that market give you an opinion on it.

Quick way to figure a price is to set up on GunBroker. Go to the "items sold" section. Type in make/model in quotes ( "Smith 29-2" ) and scroll through the ones that were sold. This will give a good idea of what prices are "worldwide" (mainly across the US). Good luck getting that price here/locally though.

If it is "desirable" such as a mint/excellent with box, papers, etc. Stay firm on a price that is acceptable to you. Lots of lowballers here.

Whatever you do, don't take them all someplace and sell them. They will usually only give $0.25 (or so) on the dollar for them. And they will try and make you feel lucky to get that.

My advice.... be patient and price each fairly. You'll get the most for them that way. Don't "give" them away just to get rid of them. Sometimes posting on GunBroker and going through the process of shipping them them is well worth the minimal time and effort on your part.

Good luck with whatever route you and your brother chose to take.

(Got any AMT or Auto Mag's? Maybe a brushed nickel Desert Eagle in 44 and 357?) ;)

By the way my condolences to you and your family.

AMTHARD BAILER45ACP
IMIDESERT EAGLE357M Extra Mags

The suggestion about talking to Jack The Dog above may be the best on in this thread if the collection holder is not interested in the time involved. Jack has sold my son a couple firearms and he presents the products well and appears pretty straightforward.

It will be worth it to do your research and know what you have. In my early years I sold some collectible guns at way too low of a price, and of course the buyer wasn't about to tell me that. Some specific years of specific models can be worth insane amounts of money.

If you are unsure of value but want to maximize return I would join gunbroker. Identify what they are, take pics and then start them on a Saturday. Run the auctions for 2 weeks [thats the max] and start them at .01 with NO RESERVE. You will get what the market value is and you will thank me later. Is it work? Yes. Will it be worth it? IMO, YES!

If you are unsure of value but want to maximize return I would join gunbroker. Identify what they are, take pics and then start them on a Saturday. Run the auctions for 2 weeks [thats the max] and start them at .01 with NO RESERVE. You will get what the market value is and you will thank me later. Is it work? Yes. Will it be worth it? IMO, YES!

Agreed. Lots of good quality pictures, and already have shipping costs figured out. It will be well worth your time and effort.

DJ's Loan & Sport in Bothell buys entire collections. They will come to your house (or where ever you keep the collection) to evaluate the worth of each item and will then give you a written quote. They don't pay top dollar because they have to make a profit when they sell them. However, it is a clean, easy and legal method of moving the guns. They will also buy reloading equipment. You should do your homework first so that you have an approximate value in mind for each gun.

DJ's Loan & Sport in Bothell buys entire collections. They will come to your house (or where ever you keep the collection) to evaluate the worth of each item and will then give you a written quote. They don't pay top dollar because they have to make a profit when they sell them. However, it is a clean, easy and legal method of moving the guns. They will also buy reloading equipment. You should do your homework first so that you have an approximate value in mind for each gun.

And they do know their collectible guns. I used to live in Bothell and spent way too much money there.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top