JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Have any 50 Beowulf/12.7x42 owners here experimented with unconventional projectiles, like saboted loads, minnieball or roundball, etc? What are the cheapest plinking projectiles you have found on a consistant basis?

I'm still working on getting mine to feed reliably. I even bought another barrel and bolt thinking chamber issues, nope. It came down to my loading setup, not enough crimp and the case mouth was/is catching while chambering. Now that I figured that out, should be good to go. Until a couple weeks ago I was reminded that I didn't use magnum primers and stuck a bullet in the barrel. Lots of unburnt powder to clean up as well. As far as projectiles, I really enjoy the cheap plated ones from Berrys. Although, I scored a ton of premium Bullets off of another member here a while back, close to 2500 projectiles. Those will keep my Beowulf and 500Mag fed for a bit.

I'm still working on getting mine to feed reliably. I even bought another barrel and bolt thinking chamber issues, nope. It came down to my loading setup, not enough crimp and the case mouth was/is catching while chambering. Now that I figured that out, should be good to go. Until a couple weeks ago I was reminded that I didn't use magnum primers and stuck a bullet in the barrel. Lots of unburnt powder to clean up as well. As far as projectiles, I really enjoy the cheap plated ones from Berrys. Although, I scored a ton of premium Bullets off of another member here a while back, close to 2500 projectiles. Those will keep my Beowulf and 500Mag fed for a bit.
What brands of barrels were the two you used? 2500 projectiles was a nice score.

What brands of barrels were the two you used? 2500 projectiles was a nice score.
First was a Bear Creek, came in the upper. Second was an Atheris stainless barrel. It is really nice and I have high hopes for it, just hoping switching primers for the cooler weather will eliminate the problems. If it doesn't, the upper will literally be tossed off of a cliff with all the mags behind it. Wouldn't be the first upper I've given up on this way, LOL. This cartridge has been nothing but problems from the start.

First was a Bear Creek, came in the upper. Second was an Atheris stainless barrel. It is really nice and I have high hopes for it, just hoping switching primers for the cooler weather will eliminate the problems. If it doesn't, the upper will literally be tossed off of a cliff with all the mags behind it. Wouldn't be the first upper I've given up on this way, LOL. This cartridge has been nothing but problems from the start.
I was looking at the Bear Creek upper, maybe I will skip the caliber.

I was looking at the Bear Creek upper, maybe I will skip the caliber.
I've got more $$$ in this "cheap" upper than just buying an Alexander Arms one, LOL. One of these days I'll get it to run reliably as I have yet to complete a mag without any issues. If it doesn't run then at least I have a lifetime supply of bullets for my 500 S&W 😀

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top