JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This is a suggestion thread. If you like the idea, use the up arrow to the right of the first post to upvote. Suggestions with more votes get higher priority.
Reactions
My ads tend to fill up with "still available?"s, "PM sent"s, unwanted trade offers, people's life stories etc. Asking nicely for people to send me private messages instead doesn't seem to help. They may not be breaking any rules, but it's a nuisance. I can't think of a reason that comments always need to be enabled, and I hate to hit the report button and waste some admin's time every time the ad gets cluttered. Admins and other users can always still get in touch with the OP by using the "Contact" button.

Last Edited:
Best idea I have heard yet, nothing more infuriating than posting an item and you get an email 30 minutes later thinking you have an interested party but they just say "great gun, good luck with your sale" or "these are awesome"

Best idea I have heard yet, nothing more infuriating than posting an item and you get an email 30 minutes later thinking you have an interested party but they just say "great gun, good luck with your sale" or "these are awesome"
Think of those as free bumps. Haha.

Still available??
People wouldn't have to ask if members policed their own f-cking adds….. close/lock it or post "sold" in the comments. It's really not that hard. Haha.

What we need is a set period of time where the add expires after not seeing any traffic. And once it closes the OP has to go in and reopen it.

People wouldn't have to ask if members policed their own f-cking adds….. close/lock it or post "sold" in the comments. It's really not that hard. Haha.

What we need is a set period of time where the add expires after not seeing any traffic. And once it closes the OP has to go in and reopen it.
First of all yes people need to close ads when not sold. That being said I can't count the number of times that someone says "sending PM" and they send me a BS trade even though I said publicly "no trades". This then makes people wonder if the person who sent the PM bought it or not.

Some of my items are taking an inordinate amount of time to sell, I have priced them fairly but the economy is about to crash so people aren't buying. Closing my ad after a set time only inconveniences me not the buyers.

First of all yes people need to close ads when not sold. That being said I can't count the number of times that someone says "sending PM" and they send me a BS trade even though I said publicly "no trades". This then makes people wonder if the person who sent the PM bought it or not.

Some of my items are taking an inordinate amount of time to sell, I have priced them fairly but the economy is about to crash so people aren't buying. Closing my ad after a set time only inconveniences me not the buyers.
It's pretty simple. After reading the message and not coming to an agreement you simple say still available…. Or if this posting is still up then the product is still available.

People in general are lazy. Can't read. Or are petty. We can't expect others to conform to our standards. You gotta wade through all the turds at times.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top