JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Have ordered from them several times. They very often say "in-stock" when it's not in stock. One time they held up an order of about 5 items about a month and a half because one of the items never came back in stock. I wasn't in a hurry and finally cancelled that one item and then it shipped. The key thing though is it said all items were in stock when I ordered.

So like 2a2dend said check stock first don't go by what the website says.

I ordered a 700 Meopta scope, actually was not in Stock, 6 weeks later was told that they have no estimated date that it will ship, I just called and cancelled.

Another tip: once you are a customer, if you poke around on their site for something specific, but don't purchase right away, you may receive an e-coupon good for 10% or more. I always hold out for a better offer from them. If that plan fails, I'll do a live chat and simply ask for a better deal; never been told no.

Purchased once from there. They placed a hold on my order for a credit card verification. Called the CS and waited 30 minutes to talk with a rep to request for their "manual verification" process. A couple of days later, I had to call once again and waited another 40 mins to verify the amount of dollar they charged on my credit card for the verification process. The whole process took 4 days including a weekend. I purchased an item with free 2-day shipping, but they unilaterally downgraded the shipping to their slowest one, so I had to wait another 10 days to receive the item.

(In my best Battlestar Galactica voice)
Start the clock!

Order's placed let's see how it goes.
Should we start a poll or something?

EDIT #1 ~ ~ 3 Hours 45 minute after order UPS tracking issued.
EDIT #2 ~ ~ 9 hours 54 minute after order UPS notification of Wed 06-NOV-2019 delivery
EDIT #3 ~ ~ Wed 06-NOV-2019 - HOLOSUN HS510C-FDE-G / Green Circle Dot arrived in working condition.

!

My worry of ordering from OpticsPlanet has dropped to almost 0% now.

Last Edited:
I've bought a bunch of random things on there - you can almost always find a 10% discount code on another forum. Only one time did an item that said in stock, magically go out of stock after I clicked buy. It added a few extra days, but I got it. I'll buy more stuff again, if I was in a huge hurry, I might go somewhere else just in case.

Another thing is their prices fluctuate. I don't know if it's related to your viewing history or not but prices can change up to 30% over the course of a few weeks on some items. Not due to sale prices I mean. They probably have some algorithm that measures how many views vs how many actually buy or something like that and it automatically changes price. It's a little weird to see base price changing all the time (for some items).

Make sure " in stock " 10/6/19 ordered some crap in stock.
10/30/19 backorder..site shows in stock...
They say wait or refund or @&*# *!%.
First unsavoury buy out of 10ish..decent odds and I am not in huge hurry.
But WTF..IN STOCK OR NOT

OP is good for checking prices. And YES, I've bought from them in the past without a problem. Though right now.....I can't remember what it was.

Rrrright, getting old/older.....

Aloha, Mark

Make sure " in stock " 10/6/19 ordered some crap in stock.
10/30/19 backorder..site shows in stock...
They say wait or refund or @&*# *!%.
First unsavoury buy out of 10ish..decent odds and I am not in huge hurry.
But WTF..IN STOCK OR NOT

Having spent many years working on inventory management systems, mistakes do happen.

Imagine there's really only 1 in stock, I add it to my cart. Along comes Fred, he wants to add the same item to his cart, yes or no?

Thanks everyone, you've pretty much confirmed what I thought - the internet likes to bash and when one starts other pig pile on because the cool kids like to talk trash.

I'll call them direct and order the sight this week.

I haven't got screwed on anything that I verified was in stock. I ordered a light mount once that took four months, but it was really my fault for backordering.

I've bought a few Hogue stocks thru Optics Planet. The prices have been very good and the new product arrived in a reasonable time frame.
Yes, I would buy from them again.

I recently was in the market for a VX-R Leupold and Optics Planet was the first place I looked, only to find what I was looking for was a short run and out of stock.

Had a bad experience. Would not attempt another order,they wanted all kinds of additional personal information because they thought I was gonna export. Got flagged because I used the "wrong" email address when i ordered

To update my thread.

Since the original order, I've placed 4 more with them and not a single issue, slow down, email requesting more information - nothing.
I am paying through PayPal because I hate electronic payments where a card can be captured with our with out your consent, but the payment method should have no bearing on the other issues I read about.

So far -
Optics Planet -- 5
Murphy -- 0

From my limited time using them, I would recommend them to myself or anyone wondering about them like I did.

Not sure if this should be here or in off topic, what is your opinion of OpticsPlanet?
I'd prefer personal opinion and not internet hearsay.
If you've dealt with them would you do it again?

They have an OpticsPlanet/Holosun exclusive 510C in FDE that I'd like to get for my Scorpion Evo S1
While I'm in no rush to get an optic and I do like the FDE they have what I've read is that they can and do play the shell game of say its in stock and take weeks or months to actually produce what you paid for.

Just wondering if the group had any feedback.

Thanks.

I've bought several items from them. Never had any issue. Everything I bought arrived promptly and was what it had been advertised as.

They're not bad and their prices are usually fair or better. Just double check everything is actually in stock before clicking the buy button. Whatever you do NEVER buy from Botach...:mad:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top