J&B Firearm Sales
Southwest Firearms Forum
RifleClass.com
Defensive Arts
Oregon Rifleworks
Gun Deals
Oregon Arms & Ammunition
Welcome to Northwest Firearms
Join our community, sign up for free today!

OpticsPlanet anyone?

Reactions
Not sure if this should be here or in off topic, what is your opinion of OpticsPlanet?
I'd prefer personal opinion and not internet hearsay.
If you've dealt with them would you do it again?

They have an OpticsPlanet/Holosun exclusive 510C in FDE that I'd like to get for my Scorpion Evo S1
While I'm in no rush to get an optic and I do like the FDE they have what I've read is that they can and do play the shell game of say its in stock and take weeks or months to actually produce what you paid for.

Just wondering if the group had any feedback.

Thanks.

WAYNO

Reactions
I've bought lots of stuff from Optics Planet over a lot of years. Cameras, scopes, holsters... I've never had a single negative experience.

This, in spite of the negative press they get on some gun forums. Makes me think folks continue to repeat what they heard.:confused:

Yes, I'd continue to buy anything I needed from them, without a single worry.

Last edited:
They've been hit/miss for me when I've ordered. Their website has said "in-stock" when I placed an order a few times. I bought and paid, then get notification of OOS and they want to substitute. My last recent order from them went through eBay.

I suggest you call to check stock, place your order at that time if they have what you need.

Reactions
I've ordered from them in the past with no problems. I always do an internet price search before ordering from Optics and in some cases have found items cheaper. I would have no qualms about ordering from them again.

GWS

Reactions
I've had great service from OP.
Call them directly.
Once in a while you'll get an even better deal than what's advertised.

OP
RTFM
Reactions
Thanks everyone, you've pretty much confirmed what I thought - the internet likes to bash and when one starts other pig pile on because the cool kids like to talk trash.

I'll call them direct and order the sight this week.

Reactions
Between 2014 and last week, I've ordered 184 things or so from Optics planet. No major issues. Some things on orders can ship really slow.

As long as you are certain what it is you are ordering, OP is hard to beat. Many warranties only apply when purchased from an "authorized reseller" or something like that, OP seems to stay out of the gray market stuff where prices are too good to be true.

I give them 5 stars from years of experience.

I use them all the time, but I suggest these things:

1: Shop comparatively. They always say their stuff is on sale, a lot of times its not. But sometimes it is! If you’re being anything cool, its likely to be ineligible for their constant coupon codes.

2: Make sure its in stock! If its not, you can be in for a wait.

3: The free shipping sucks. Its basically like a group of people are using your products as a relay baton all over the nation. If you don’t need anything RIGHT NOW, fine.

4: The boxes say “Optics Planet” on them, which should make many porch pirates drool. Try to get to your packages right away.

Reactions
Originally found them on Ebay. Ive purchased about $1000 of gun parts and barrels, no optics (yet!!). No problems. Lot's of discounts codes available.

Reactions
  • Outdoor Cleanup - 2016
  • Fight For Your Right
  • Three Bags of Trash
  • Army
  • National Rifle Association
  • Outdoor Cleanup - 2017
I started this thread about OP, take from it what you will.

NEW CLASSIFIED ADS

LATEST REVIEWS

• Rapid Fire Arms
    5.00 star(s)
    Great place friendly service always take time to help you, great knowledge of products
    • RJSouth
  • Supporting Vendor Copeland Custom Gunworks
    5.00 star(s)
    Perfect install of peep sight on my cz 527 carbine. Price was right, was expecting it to be more. Will be my go to for anything I can't handle...
    • cd90caprice
  • Adaptive Firing Solutions
    5.00 star(s)
    I've been party to a couple transactions with Steve and he is a great guy to deal with.
    • titsonritz
  • TJ Gun Sales
    5.00 star(s)
    Purchased two handguns there and have one on consignment now nice folks!
    • rl280
  • Northwest Armory - Tigard
    5.00 star(s)
    Went in to help my buddy with his purchase and ended up trading in a 1911 towards a CZ SP-01 Tactical. They gave a higher price that some of the...
    • nosbocaj

SUPPORT NORTHWEST FIREARMS

Staff online

• Kruel J
    Moderator of the Coriolis effect