JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I do not know much about scopes and attachments or if what I am asking for is even possible, so bear with me.

I have a Henry AR-7 that I bought a month ago, haven't used it much. I wanted to get it for gun to throw in with the camping gear and survival packs. I have thought about putting some optics on it, but haven't found what I am looking for (I don't even know if it exists.)

What I was thinking was a small compact scope that would have a kind of quick-clamp feature, so I can still take the gun down and store everything in the stock. I could put the scope in a pouch in the bag or something, so not worried about that. Is there any sort of attachment system that will have a consistent POA vs POI after being detached and reattached? Or should I just get used to the peep sights and not worry about it?

Let me know what you guys think! Thanks a lot!

I gave up on the peep sight on my AR-7: couldn't use it. My 'kit' contains a cheap Simmons scope that stays attached to the rings, plus a Philips screwdriver, so I can remove the scope/rings assy. from the receiver every time I take down the rifle. At the range I use it, there's no noticeable change in POI, but it's not like I'd ask much of that setup.

For a two-pound knockdown rifle, the AR-7 is a good design. For most uses though, I'd rather carry my four-pound Marlin Papoose.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top