JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Shoulda come on board earlier! Like many I've ordered a lot from Optics Planet, without issue. Good prices, etc. Finishing a build and looking for the charging handle. Hmmmm, what the hell? Go into my email, yup, ordered it 12/10. It's now 12/21... and I never order anything "out of stock." Only then do I notice the other email - estimated delivery May 5, 2021. :mad:

Hit cancel, and a good excuse to go to Curt's Discount. :D

To be fair, I did get a case of Winchester M193 that I ordered back in June and was delivered earlier this month. It was a nice surprise.

I just wouldn't order from them and count on it arriving, consider it a bonus if something on backorder ever shows...

Wish I had seen this thread before I ordered a bulk pack of Speer TNT .308 125 gr bullets from Optics Planet. I googled the bullet, and OP turned up as having them in stock for a reasonable price. I ordered them and received an email confirming my order. Then last night an email claiming they had shipped. But when I clicked on track package it showed the item DELIVERED, back in NOVEMBER, to WISCONSIN! Of course, my attempt to call them was answered robotically, where, after inputting my order no, and zip code went blank until I finally gave up after several minutes of no response. Fingers crossed that my order is actually on its' way to my address in Washington and I just have to wait a week or so. Of course, the .308 125 gr TNT's are now showing OOS on the OP website. And they already charged my CC. o_O
I am in no need of them for the next month or so, but am not a fan of having my credit card charged before the product being shipped. Particularly if the item is shown as "in stock" when it is not. No excuse for lying online, and blaming the manufacturers for not providing accurate information.

UPDATE: According to UPS, my bullets are supposedly being delivered today before 9:00 p.m. So, I guess I am one of the lucky customers who get their order filled within a reasonable time.

Good news: it arrived at 6:35 p.m.
Bad news: mediocre packing job, cracked the lid on the nice resealable plastic box Speer packs them in. (I like to use those for .223 ammo - if they survive shipping). But at least I received them!

Last Edited:
I have 4 outstanding orders from April through August, all say eta is now 2 weeks longer than my last update:

3/28/21

I don't mind so much, I don't expect it will ship and if it does, bonus. But I'll try to keep you guys updated

Capture.JPG

I ordered a part Aug 11, and was in stock at the time, then backordered once the order was processed and I've been waiting since. Now the arrival time is early March. Not to many months more and it'll be a YEAR waiting.

It's the first time I had a problem like this. Most of my other stuff I've bought from them has been shipped within a few days or a couple of weeks.

My buddy went to order a set of Hornady .380 dies from Optics Planet and their estimate was 1-15 weeks. I laughed and said okay....
He texted me this afternoon saying that he got an email from them stating that it would 8-10 months before he would get them.

They have great prices on 9mm but the wait is almost not worth it. I'm seeing $25 per box of 50 Brass cased locally near the Portland area. $16 at OP. Thank you for posting everybody still might make a small order. I'm going to check a few stores Monday base a decision on local market. This may be a dumb question but is there a limit to how much ammo a person can buy a day? I know there's a box / 2 box limit in most stores let's say I find two bi-marts with ammo in stock am I able to go to 2 separate stores within the same day?

They have great prices on 9mm but the wait is almost not worth it. I'm seeing $25 per box of 50 Brass cased locally near the Portland area. $16 at OP. Thank you for posting everybody still might make a small order. I'm going to check a few stores Monday base a decision on local market. This may be a dumb question but is there a limit to how much ammo a person can buy a day? I know there's a box / 2 box limit in most stores let's say I find two bi-marts with ammo in stock am I able to go to 2 separate stores within the same day?
Most retailers limit purchases of ammo and reloading components these days. I see no reason why you couldn't buy your limit at more than one store on the same day. It's not like they live stream videos of all purchasers system with facial recognition software. The more likely result is you find stock at one store, and drive 20 minutes or more to another store only to find out they have none available. :confused:

Heck yeah!!!! There isn't any way that Bi-Mart tracks your purchases thru a scanned loyalty card...

My Bi-Mart card is so old it doesn't have a barcode to scan even if they wanted to. Been a member since I was a kid and never had anyone even ask for it, except for a quick flash at the door, and even that has gone by the wayside at many stores.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top