JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I've had a back order for ammo with them since august and it's not due until march. Every time I check the ship date gets pushed back a little. :)

Considering Optics Planet is notorious for selling stuff they don't have, I wouldn't ever order anything from them on backorder or with any promises.

They'll lure you in with a low price and then ship when inventory comes in that matches that pricing.
Exactly. Optics planet is as close as you can get to being a scam but still be legal.

When a product is shown as "in stock" on their website, most often that actually means, "give us your money now, and someday it might show up in our inventory, but probably not". Anymore I don't even look there irregardless of their price and whether they claim to have it "in stock" or not.

The worst part is they will hold your entire order until the phantom product that was shown as "in stock" comes in, which it never does.

Last Edited:
I'm keeping this thread alive, but might stop with these depressing updates lol

Orders now show 04/23/21 and 05/01/21
Sorry to hear of the ever delayed shipping by Optics Planet. I realize how lucky I was to actually receive my "in stock" order in a timely manner. But then, I must be lucky, even snagged a brick of CCI-500 small pistol primers last week for $23.99 at my local Sportsman's Warehouse. Being retired has a few perks.

I'm keeping this thread alive, but might stop with these depressing updates lol

Orders now show 04/23/21 and 05/01/21
Have you been confirming that you are willing to wait?

Via the FTC rules, they must get AFFIRMATIVE consent for delays past 30 days, otherwise they must refund your charge by day 30.

"For definite delays of up to 30 days, you may treat the customer's silence as agreeing to the delay. But for longer or indefinite delays - and second and subsequent delays - you must get the customer's written, electronic or verbal consent to the delay. If the customer doesn't give you his okay, you must promptly refund all the money the customer paid you without being asked by the customer."

LOL, This post has been a year in the making.
Ordered a BCG on Aug 11, 2020 and received it on Dec 2, 2021.
The entire time the ship/in stock date was 2 months out, and when that date would come, they would bump it again. I asked customer service 3 different times about when it would ship when the date was in the past. They apologized and then bumped my ship date out another 2-3 months. I kept waiting. I eventually received an email stating that the product was in stock and if I still wanted it.
During this time (summer 2021), I contacted the MFG and asked them what their lead time was for filling orders to Optics Planet. They stated that they are in stock on their end and shipping in 3-5 days for any orders off their website.

Anyway...the short of it is that you'll eventually get your order (or a substitute) eventually.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top