JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Would like to know what kind of battery life are you getting on your carry pistol. My ROMEOZERO-ELITE On my Glock 43x, Carried all day long gets about 2-2 1/2 months of battery life, only carried during the day. Is this normal, What do you get? THANKS IN ADVANCE.

That optic is rated at a 10 year battery life if I'm not mistaken. You should be getting longer run time than 2.5 months, even if you have the thing cranked up to high.

I've got a RMR 06 and I'm getting at least a year. But I do my best to change out the battery every six months. Batteries are cheap. Change them early and often.

Also, the output setting matters. Sigs rating is probably based on a mid to lower setting. But you should still be getting more run time than what you are.

The RMR has an auto adjust setting where it will sense the level of light and adjust accordingly. Does the Sig? And the optic should be shutting down when the gun sits still for longer periods of time...like at night when it's just sitting on your night stand. Are you sure these features are working properly?

Perhaps you should shoot Sig an email and see what they suggest. But also make sure you're using a high quality battery.

Just an opinion and joke.
So then.....Not to worry.

Soon, Brandon (and/or our Local Politicians) will be requiring EVERYTHING battery-powered to be Solar Powered. Rrrrright......we need to save the environment. Think of the landfills and all of the toxic heavy metals that get thrown away.

BUT, But, but.......on a more serious note. Do you turn the sight "off", during times of non-usage?

Wait......that might not be a solution. I might just need my handgun at "ANY TIME".

Note: Crimson Trace had a laser sight. And, the grip had a switch built in it.

OK, Ok, ok......may I suggest?

Learning to shoot with iron sights. Yeah, that has worked for hundreds of years.

Aloha, Mark

PS......more to the point of battery life. Have you ever wondered why the police haven't gone to battery-powered sights (and fancy dots) on their duty/carry weapons?

Oh Rrrrright.....most Police are just Fudds when it comes to innovation and progress.

Last Edited:
My RMR is getting well over 1 year per battery, I try to change the battery every birthday but I have forgotten for a couple months a few times and haven't had a dim or non-exsitent dot yet. My Romeo 2 is too new know it battery life yet...

In Cali, all optics will need to be solar powered by 2035 since there will be no other electricity left in the state since it will be used in electric vehicles. But no worries, there will be no guns left on their roster by then anyway. :cool:

And sorry, no help to the legit OP question. I'm replacing my Holosun at 6 months and my Burris is lightly used but well over a year old.

The battery life in your optic, will last right up to the moment that you really need it. Then you will be standing there wishing you had purchased something with tritium.

The battery life in your optic, will last right up to the moment that you really need it. Then you will be standing there wishing you had purchased something with tritium.
Or just pre-emptively change batteries every once in awhile. As mentioned above, an annul schedule isn't out of line, pick a date...birthday, July 4th, Christmas, New Years Day what ever. I find myself moving away from tritium sights in favor of RDS where I prefer plain black sight for backup. RDS are better for NV too.

My Smith & Wesson 357 Kcomp came with a tritium front sight. The tritium is dead and S&W cant tell me what spec dovetail they used. :rolleyes: One of these days I'll get around to removing and measuring it.

My red dots and lasers all get new battery's about once a year.

My Smith & Wesson 357 Kcomp came with a tritium front sight. The tritium is dead and S&W cant tell me what spec dovetail they used. :rolleyes: One of these days I'll get around to removing and measuring it.

My red dots and lasers all get new battery's about once a year.
Yeah ditto dead tritium here too. Doesn't last forever.. 10yr half life so half as bright (if that), then only 25% as bright 15 years after that, then 20 years.. 100% dead. Anyone who has a old original IOR scope is well acquainted with this.

I don't think I've ever replaced the battery on my RMR. I did remove it for many years as I wasnt really using it but recently (past few years) since the start of covid I have had it installed and ready to go.

I'm curious though, was is the original chinesium battery that came with the optic? Or was it a quality name brand after market button cell like Duracell, energizer, rayovac etc.? Those OEM cells suck the big salty ones.

I'm curious though, was is the original chinesium battery that came with the optic? Or was it a quality name brand after market button cell like Duracell, energizer, rayovac etc.? Those OEM cells suck the big salty ones.
I don't place Duracell in the quality catagory. I'm now at over 30 leaking batteries (some were in equipment I maintained for others) most were under their "good until" dates, and my failed ones were properly stored.

I no longer touch this brand with a 10 foot pole.

I don't place Duracell in the quality catagory. I'm now at over 30 leaking batteries (some were in equipment I maintained for others) most were under their "good until" dates, and my failed ones were properly stored.

I no longer touch this brand with a 10 foot pole.
Exactly the same experience here. Number of leaking batteries was very high for me. I don't trust Duracell for any type of battery now. I switched to eneloops for Aa and aaa but usually just buy energizer for coin batts (mainly just due to availability and I know they aren't the ultra cheapo ones).

The cheapo harbor freight type coin batts seem to bubble out pretty fast and they don't last long at all so I've been avoiding cheapo coin batts for anything important.

I replace mine once a year... ready or not, then I take the old out to the shop and use it in one of several tools always in need there.
My T bevel still using the one from two years ago.

Just an opinion and joke.
So then.....Not to worry.

Soon, Brandon (and/or our Local Politicians) will be requiring EVERYTHING battery-powered to be Solar Powered. Rrrrright......we need to save the environment. Think of the landfills and all of the toxic heavy metals that get thrown away.

BUT, But, but.......on a more serious note. Do you turn the sight "off", during times of non-usage?

Wait......that might not be a solution. I might just need my handgun at "ANY TIME".

Note: Crimson Trace had a laser sight. And, the grip had a switch built in it.

OK, Ok, ok......may I suggest?

Learning to shoot with iron sights. Yeah, that has worked for hundreds of years.

Aloha, Mark

PS......more to the point of battery life. Have you ever wondered why the police haven't gone to battery-powered sights (and fancy dots) on their duty/carry weapons?

Oh Rrrrright.....most Police are just Fudds when it comes to innovation and progress.
There are multiple agencies who run RDS on their duty weapons….. they also use weapon mounted lights (those also use batteries). If you have a schedule and change said batteries regularly it's not an issue…..

Quality optics/WML is the key.

There are multiple agencies who run RDS on their duty weapons….. they also use weapon mounted lights (those also use batteries). If you have a schedule and change said batteries regularly it's not an issue…..

Quality optics/WML is the key.

IMHO......
Just because some individual officer, some specialized unit or some small department has them.......well, it doesn't convince ME that it's an EXCELLENT idea for the general issue to the police officer(s)/troop(s). No matter, that they have a "schedule".

Yeah......I'm reminded of that time when one of my officers questioned, why he had to go out with an "expired vest".

Then budgets........
Anyway yeah, some Depts could perhaps use more range time vs gadgets. Rrrrright........maybe it would/could cut down on the amount of "misses and unintended consequences"? BUT, But, but.......WHATEVER. The Department(s) are free to choose, how they want to spend their budgets.

Aloha, Mark

IMHO......
Just because some individual officer, some specialized unit or some small department has them.......well, it doesn't convince ME that it's an EXCELLENT idea for the general issue to the police officer(s)/troop(s). No matter, that they have a "schedule".

Yeah......I'm reminded of that time when one of my officers questioned, why he had to go out with an "expired vest".

Then budgets........
Anyway yeah, some Depts could perhaps use more range time vs gadgets. Rrrrright........maybe it would/could cut down on the amount of "misses and unintended consequences"? BUT, But, but.......WHATEVER. The Department(s) are free to choose, how they want to spend their budgets.

Aloha, Mark
And their lawsuits.. Riiiight.....? ;)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews