JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Was wondering what most people do with their optics batteries when not in use for a month or more. Cheap Chinese batteries should come out, but what about name brand like Duracell or Eveready? Still a concern of leakage and damaging the electronics?

Never really thought of this. Many of my red dots use cr2032 I believe. I always bought in bulk from China but noticed them leaking when stored away for a long time. I guess it's time to step up my battery game and see if the better ones still leak during long storage periods.

I check mine periodically for corrosion. Never had a problem in an optic, but I did have a problem with a flashlight with batteries left for a long time.

Hell yes.....had Duracell leak in an EOTECH. Caught it beforeit got past terminals. Still had to neutralize caustic crap. I dont regularly use it so keep latch open.

Yes. way ruined a crimson trace laser
Hadn't even thought of a laser so went and dug a Crimson Trace out of the range bag. It's been off the gun for at least 2 years and the battery has to be over 4 years old. Everything looks OK. Took it out and put a strip of electrical tape around the contacts and loosely put it back together.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top