JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Not a few Gun Shows with a few bucks in your pockets and you have a VERY good chance of finding a nice Leupold in the 2x7X range for your Hunting Rifle.

What's not too expensive?
I just put one of these on a light weight 6.5 grendel. Good glass, really light, doesn't need a battery. If you look around you may find it cheaper, there was one in the classifieds a few months back that I don't think sold.

For small targets out to 300 yards, I think a 7x scope is not the best option. Nothing wrong with a Leupold 2-7x for deer or even coyotes, but for ground squirrels and prairie dogs and such, and a limited budget, I like the Burris Fullfield II 4.5-14X42. Enough magnification for ground squirrels beyond 200 yards and decent quality.
Sportsman's Warehouse also offers it for the same $189.00 price.

I know burris used to have decently priced combos with their pepr mount. I don't honestly know how good they are though. I have a leupold vx-freedom on my hunting rifle, and it's a pretty nice optic, but I don't know if that's cheap enough.

What dollar value is inexpensive?

Primary arms and Athlon optics both make some relatively inexpensive scopes with high magnification and good clarity (for the price)

For hunting Western Oregon I would look into a Bushnell with rain guard. They tend to be a great value. look into the 3000 series or if you really like a scope that will light things up 4000 series.

The Trijicon that @Sbarton are Amazing scopes. Higher priced but truly Amazing for sharpness and light gathering.

Natually the Leupold even lower ends are great scopes.

Burris makes a great scope but I have found that compared to Leupolds and 3000 and 4000 series Bushnells they just are not at bright.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top