Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Optic for a 12ga?

Discussion in 'Rifle Discussion' started by durango#95, Feb 24, 2010.

1. durango#95

durango#95 Medford New Member

OK, I have the rail mounted on my receiver(Mossy 500). I tried an NC Star red dot, a BSA red dot, toasted 'em:D:laugh: So I know that I can't use a super cheep red dot. I want either a red dot, or hollo sight, but I don't want to spend over $100 for it. Any one have any good ideas?

2. bmw2

bmw2 Mount Vernon, Wa Active Member

I have a Millet red dot on my 45/70 and it has held up quite well, it saw a lot of rounds on my AK before that too. It's just a simple metal tube with a 3 m.o.a dot but they are very tough. Cost me about $60 at Sportsman's Warehouse. Don't get the multi-reticule, red/green model though, I've heard a lot of bad things.

3. Gunner3456

Gunner3456 Salem Well-Known Member

I'm sure you know that most makers have specifically shotgun scopes. They are tough and have good eye relief and are usually low power. They are typically smaller than rifle scopes. I think they are also good for many other purposes such as AR's because they are smaller and tough and have good eye relief.

Let's see if this link works: Link

There are lots, lots more out there in all price ranges.

$.02

4. Iansstud

Iansstud SW WA / PDX Member

5. stmcelroy

stmcelroy Madras, OR Well-Known Member

6. MachinegunKelley

MachinegunKelley Ridgefield Washington New Member

I have a Bushnell Trophy mounted on my 590 tactical. I paid $130 for it. Great scope. I have pounded mine with slugs over and over, and it still holds zero perfectly.