JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So, I am getting my M11/9 before the vile m114 cut off. I currently have 3 uppers for it.
1) The original. Sights are a joke. No way to easily mount optics.
2) Lage MK 1. Good sights and has an optics rail. I was debating a red dot, but likely leave be
3) Lage .223 upper. This is the one I am debating. I am thinking a sig Rome4h and a Juliet 3 I have. Anybody have a better suggestion?
4) Lage Mk31 Mark 2, on the list to get. It takes Suomi drums. Silly? Yes. Close as I can get to a Tommy gun right now? Yes Red dot?

I am interested in recommendations for 3 and 4.

Optic choice for a MG......since price shouldn't be an issue here I wouldn't even consider a Sig optic.

I have one sitting around. And I like the 4h pretty well, but yes, it is likely going on at least temporarily as it possesses a peculiar virtue. I have it in hand. Aimpoint is on the list, us optics is on the list, Leupold is on the list, eotech is on the list. Most things are. I just haven't shot a MG with an optic.

Those of you who have, is magnification that useful?

I have one sitting around. And I like the 4h pretty well, but yes, it is likely going on at least temporarily as it possesses a peculiar virtue. I have it in hand. Aimpoint is on the list, us optics is on the list, Leupold is on the list, eotech is on the list. Most things are. I just haven't shot a MG with an optic.
I have, a few times. I don't think the additional recoil will be too hard on any decent quality optic. I guess for me if I was going to play in the MG world I wouldn't cheap out on the optic. :)

I have, a few times. I don't think the additional recoil will be too hard on any decent quality optic. I guess for me if I was going to play in the MG world I wouldn't cheap out on the optic. :)
My thought was that magnification with the burst might actually impede use, but again, haven't tried it. What would your thoughts on this be?

I had the opportunity to shoot an H&K MP5. A real SF MP5. It wore an Aimpoint T-2 and was quite accurate throughout the mag dumps.

My thought was that magnification with the burst might actually impede use, but again, haven't tried it. What would your thoughts on this be?
Agreed. The SAW I shot had an ACOG on it. I don't think magnification will help or even make much of a difference in FA. Maybe some members with military experience can chime in here.........

This is where a massive eyebox comes into play...ACOG = suck...Aimpoint = badass...if you want magnification look at something like a Kahles K16i.
Yeah man, ACOGs are not my favorite by a long shot. But Aimpoint now......I run one on my SBR because I refused to go cheap on it specifically.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top