JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I thought I would add this in here in case some of you have nosey enighbors as well.

First I have a few retired people living around me and couple with buinesses so I have and free security system.

he is the problem they have noticed a lot of Honeyville and other boxes coming in by UPS and jokingly asked me how $$ I was making off the weed i was making off the weed i was getting shipped in, in all those boxes.

I blew it off saying i was had a friend who was out of twona dn had a home business, and that there deliveries were being dropped at my placed when he had to go out of town and would drop them off later and would supply the beer and pizza for my trouble.

I talked to local UPS distribution place and they said I could have my boxes held there for pickup, they have people who do it because of varous reason and they do not mind at all, it is one less stop their driver has to make. I just put the boxes in my extended cab truck when I pick them up and park my truck in the garage that night and bring stuff in through the basement and no one is any the wiser.

Some may say whats the harm witht he neighbors knowing, well if they are preppers, when SHTF or during a disaster they will be knocking on your door wanti in, so will their family and friends and you will have nothing left in a weeks time.

First I have a few retired people living around me and couple with buinesses so I have and free security system.

Best security ever short of a dog inside the home I suppose. In fact, their nosiness is an attempt on their part to improve the security for the area. The more they know, the better off everyone is. So congrats! But I'm posting cause OPSEC was a new term to me and I've seen you use it a couple of times now. I looked it up.

Stands for " Operations security ". I have UPS sent to my business so that they get signed for and it's much more secure. If they knock on your personal home door and you or the missus are taking a cough* cough* ....lets just say you are busy, then they'll toss it down on your porch and walk off. It lays in public till someone grabs it, hopefully the right person:) The business it get signed for.

That's all I have, thanks for the great posts Knuckhead!

Well OPSEC, is part of my life, because of my full time job, so I am very familiar with it.

The reason I use it here is because as part of my OPSEC for SHTF, I do not want my neighbors and their freinds and relatives coming over and knocking on my door wantign my food supplies. With UPS driver sometime coming before I get home the nosiness of my neighbors could be my detriment in SHTF situation.

As far as the free security I do appreciate it andpay them back in spades by watching their places while on vacation and showing up with golcok in shoulder holster and 12 assault shotgun when they call late at night because of noise. People around and gotten to where everyone know ole knuckle head shoot is 1/2 nuts.

Here is a link to a brief explanation of what OPSEC is <broken link removed>

UPS once left a handgun on my doormatt it was there untill I arrived home after dark. I went to the UPS depot and complained to the regional manager he just stood there with a bubblegum eating grin on his face, he could not care less.

Government loves nosey neighbors. They even have a program called "see something, say something" comes straight out of the nazi playbook.

jj

Yeah, I have started up a lot of my packages at the UPS center and Post office, others if they have store near me I have ship it to the store and pickup there.

Neighbors watching out for another is one thing, the ones I don't like are nosey ones who think you getting a lot UPS packages is there business.

I recently bought some Thrive food and the UPS Driver put the package down on my door step (I live in a larger apartment) rang the door bell and was gone by the time I got to the door (not even 30 seconds later). I had thought that the kids in the apartment had *ding-dong ditched* us again, but it turns out he dropped the package and took off without even trying to see if someone was home. Luckily it was a day I was home from work early or who knows how long it would have sat there (or if someone had taken it) by the time I got home. This has happened before, but the packages were smaller and they hid them behind my azalea bush so they were not easily seen. Apparently I will have to send future packages to another address for deliveries.

Fedex on the other hand will not even drop my packages off at the apartment office because they want my signature.... A bit of a hassle since I work and they deliver durring working hours so I have to go to their depot to pick up, but a lot better than having my packages left on my front step for anyone to take!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top