Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Oppressed by the City of Salem

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by titsonritz, Aug 18, 2011.

1. titsonritz

titsonritz has left the building. Well-Known Member

over and out

Last edited: Mar 5, 2016
  2. glock.40

glock.40 Orygun Active Member

I don't know which is worse, the neighbor, or the city for passing a ridiculous law. Actually, it's definitely the neighbor. What a horrible person.

3. drew

drew OR Well-Known Member

Agreed. If the lady was doing something really annoying, then the neighbor should have talked to them. I don't like the idea of snitching on your neighbors.

4. Raven

Raven Salem, Oregon, United States Member

It is a law because some of us live next to neighbors who would be running a yard sale year around... But like I offered up on her Facebook page, if she is willing to move the sale - I'll host it for three weekends! Then someone else can do the same. There are ways around every city ordinance!

5. Mark W.

Mark W. Silverton, OR Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

The law has been on the books for decades I think. And yes its to stop the year round all summer goobers

6. teflon97239

teflon97239 Portland, OR Well-Known Member

If Jan's so-called "neighbor" had a shred of decency, they'd host the sale themselves, and encourage others to do he same. All remaining within the confines of a law created for reasons completely unrelated to a horridly selfish gesture against somone in need. I hope all the immediate locals take the intiative to host 2 or 3 apiece for Jan so it's an ongoing occurance as long there is anything still up for sale... or not (if you catch my drift). What a mean-spirited oxygen bandit!

7. Father of four

Father of four Portland, Oregon Well-Known Member

I feel so sorry for her. Some people really stink!

I am trying to makes sense of what is happening in our world. In ways its beautiful! In other ways its sick!

Good luck lady!

Howard

8. moose

moose northwet coast Well-Known Member

How very true. The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Compassionate exceptions are hard to write into a law. Sure, this story is moving but on the other hand, I know people around here would open a permanant year round flea market in their front, back and side yards if given such an 'inch'.

9. deadeye

deadeye Albany,OR. Moderator Staff Member

This was on Fox news yesterday and they posted on the site where to donate too.

10. elsie

elsie Way over there on the left Well-Known Member

But if it were a problem, it could be handled by nuisance laws rather than a specific law prohibiting x number of yard sales.

elsie

11. Burt Gummer

Burt Gummer Portland Completely Out of Ammo

I will donate $50 to the poor lady. I wish her the best in her remaining months. Just wish she could have watched or read World Without Cancer by G. Edward Griffin years back and she wouldn't have to suffer this fate.

titsonritz and (deleted member) like this.