JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If you have to ask what you should buy, then you should probably save it for when you have to buy something you didn't know you needed.

If you have an itch that needs to be scratched, do the 80/20 rule. Spend 20% of it, then save the other 80%.

If you have to ask what you should buy, then you should probably save it for when you have to buy something you didn't know you needed.

If you have an itch that needs to be scratched, do the 80/20 rule. Spend 20% of it, then save the other 80%.

Great response.

I think I typed before I pondered long enough.

Right now I'm looking for NV or a TI...not sure which one since NV might be better for images but TI is better for finding things trying to be stealthy. So the $3k would go that direction.

Stand on an off ramp and hand dollar bills out to 3000 cars. Put the regulars out of business. Maybe show a little leg while I'm at it.

Well, my trucks engine 3rd cylinder seized blowing oil through the supercharger and totalling the engine. Of course it was out of warranty but do to reasoning (too long to get into details) that $3k would go towards the $5k I have to pay to fix it all. That is only about 1/3 the total cost but the manufacturer is covering the rest. Anyhow, I guess ik saying to save it as you'll never know when you'l need it.

If you're feeling "adventurous" you could always patronize one of Pahrump, Nevada's fine establishments.

6BBF1164-4EC6-4BDC-B8AE-6F6D3BBA7A9D-2149-000002746C57FCA0_tmp.jpg
What kind of establishment did you think I meant;)

That's a tough call to suggest what someone's else should do with $.

We have a list of some things to buy, working on it for the end of this year (ammunition for the most part, to bulk up on put backs).

...so, if your out of debt/comfortable with what debt you carry (..don't be!):

Good buys to be had on reloading equipment, as well as good buys to be had on ammunition. Ammo currently is cheaper to buy, than to reload (talking plinking stuff, not precision).

So I'd go with reloading equipment & components first, if you do not have any. So you can reload your own & go out shooting as much as you like, when ammunition prices flip back to being cost prohibitive.

Depending on your current salary, reloading may actually save u $ now!

It's also a great way to relax & spend some time focusing on the task at hand (...how's that saying go? Idle hands...).

A nice inexpensive setup would be a Hornady progressive AP.

I can turn out 300 9mm per hour on it, and if I don't take a break & get in a "groove" I can turn out 400+. And I'm relatively new to reloading. So that's "60-80$"* in that hour. Note, it does not take into account prep time, but that you can do while getting other things done.

Hand decap while watching the news/a movie.

I clean brass in a wet tumbler, so do other chores while it's tumbling. About an hour, hour and a half.

Inexpensive wet tumbler is a dual drum rock roller from harbor freight. Swapped out the dual drums for a single pipe drum home built from big box store stuff. Still under the cost of a specific proprietary wet tumbler. Not as big, but big enough for what I do.

Stainless steel media I bought online at far far below store bought price.

*not taking into account component cost at all. It'd be a pretty near wash if I did, maybe 10-15% savings at current 9mm range ammo price vs what I paid on components.

Pay anything you are paying interest on, start with the high interest ones first.

Anything left, make short-term investments on. If you can keep your fingers off of it, let it snowball.

Be a tycoon, make money on money.

So I'd go with reloading equipment & components first, if you do not have any. So you can reload your own & go out shooting as much as you like, when ammunition prices flip back to being cost prohibitive.
You can find great deals on once fired brass. I picked up 1K of 9mm once fired all the same
head stamp commercial for $20! Better deals on amounts of bullets 1K or more. This will
kill you.......By buddy saw a Dillon 550 with two caliber conversions at the gun show yesterday
for $200!!:eek::eek:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top