JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
After much thought I am probably just going to keep and shoot my PCC 'open iron' however I really like the idea of this front fibre optic with the rear peep.

Anyone use one?

My concern is the single screw mount but it is pretty well centered and the sight is radiused to the barrel so it should not be a problem.

Also the fibre optic is exposed - how fragile are these and do they break as much as I read about ? I suspect a lot of that is by people who are not careful with their guns, ya know - barrel down on the floor board & the like!
download (1).jpg

I have a fiber optic front sight on one of my carry pistols and it's held up really well to normal bangs and dings. It's also very helpful for my no-so-great eyeballs, especially on overcast days.

I know it's not a PCC, but I have a fiber optic "light pipe" on my 12ga bird gun. It's extremely fast to pick up when aiming and I've never once had an issue with it... and that's in wet, cold, dirty environments with not being "coddled" in handling.

There's a reason that extra light pipes are included with most fiber optic sight systems. I wouldn't trust it to heavy field use.

It wouldn't be subjected to 'heavy' use - field carry, hiking for jack rabbit/varmint chasing and off hand range shooting.

Then give it a shot. Let us know how you like them.

Edited to add: I have front fiber optic sights on my Zev OZ9 and my GP100. I do like them quite well.

Also the fibre optic is exposed - how fragile are these and do they break as much as I read about ? I suspect a lot of that is by people who are not careful with their guns, ya know - barrel down on the floor board & the like!

I've used light pipes on my shotguns for decades with no problems.

All my action shooting target guns have been switched to fiber optic sights. I only had one come out and it was simple to replace... there is a 3" section of light pipe that you stick in, cut to length, and fix in place with a flame/match.

My carry guns have the original sights, but I have painted the front sight white for better vis/pickup.

Just be very careful of solvents and fiber optics.

Fiber optic light pipes are inherently more susceptible to impact, chemicals and heat. I wouldn't run them on a true "field" gun without some kind of backup.

Yea, for $29.95 I'm not out too much either.

I also shot a Glock with a FO front at our cleanup weekend before last and I think my CZ will be getting one of them as well!
My G-22 (the one you shot) is my beater/truck gun, it gets thrown in to the center consul and rattles around in there all the time that Dawson front site just plain works.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top