JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Have not fired a XDM .45 but owned a XD tactical 45 stainless and own an XDM 9mm. both have been amazingly reliable. Ate every kind of ammo i could find and are very accurate. The tactical 45 i had and should of kept......would shoot shotgun shells off a log at 15 yards easily. I traded it toward a used USP 45 and was not satisfied. I cant say anything for the witness...never owned or shot one. anything in the XD line is in my opinion good to go!

Well I had an XDm40 4.5" and currently have a Witness Elite Match in 10mm. The WEM trigger is better than the XDm, and I'm more accurate with it, but the WEM trigger is SAO and better than the standard Witness. The Witness is more likely to need some break in time and the XDm should just run straight out of the box. There's way more aftermarket support for the XD line, it's hard to find holsters and such for the Witnesses. The Witness is also quite a bit heaver than the XDm.

Had the XD9, traded it for a the XDm9, and will be getting the Xdm45. Love the line. So dependable, accurate, easy to maintain, and many accessories available. Though you won't need much because they come with a pretty sweet package brand new. Great value!

How would you rate the trigger on the XDM series? Read about some issues but that may have been early runs.

Had the XD9, traded it for a the XDm9, and will be getting the Xdm45. Love the line. So dependable, accurate, easy to maintain, and many accessories available. Though you won't need much because they come with a pretty sweet package brand new. Great value!

The one on mine is OK, although I thought the one on my XD was a little better. Have thought about having it worked. The ergonomics are what really seemed to make the difference in accuracy for me. I am a lot more accurate with the XDm. Of course it does have a match grade barrel as well.

I have two Xd 45's (4" compact and 5" tac), an Xdm 9 (4.5"), and a witness 45. All of which are 100% reliable and a hoot to shoot. The witness has the most comfortable grip out of most of the guns i've handled. The witness is very heavy though in comparison to the Xd's. I feel like the compact xd 45 loaded with 14 rounds is still lighter than the witness is empty. Getting a holster for the witness takes a bit more effort to find than the xd's as well. That all being said i still believe both systems are great and you can't really go wrong.

I've shot the Witness 45. With all that steel, the recoil was surprisingly light, which helped with follow-up shots. It is designed similar to CZ pistols, and seemed well built.

I had an XD in 9mm. It is a very well made gun with good accuracy, while being lighter.

If I were choosing for home defense, I'd go with the all-steel Witness...and it can be cocked and locked. If I were looking for a carry piece, I'd go with the smaller and lighter XD or XDm.

I have owned many pistols, but my Tanfoglio (Witness) pistols are my favorite. I have owned a TZ-75, Baby Eagle, Witness polymer, and I currently own a Witness Steel .40, and a Witness Elite Match .40. I have also owned the CZ-97B .45 which uses the same mags as the Witness Steel .45, and I have a CZ40B .40 as well. I like the fit and finish of the Witness pistols as well as the safety function better than the CZ's. The other pistols that I have owned are a Browning High Power, Kimber Stainless II, XD .45GAP, and XD .45ACP as well.

I've shot the Witness 45 and thought it was a bit too big. I have small hands but I do fine with a Beretta M9. The double action trigger on the Witness was uncomfortable to draw through its stroke. On single action it was ok and recoil was on par with a 1911. Overall I didn't think the additional weight and DA trigger was worth the extra rounds over a 1911.

Thanks for the replies. This is going to be a host for a suppressor and not CC so the weight isn't muchof an issue. I've felt the grip on the Witness and it just seems perfect but haven't shot one yet. Looking at the weights it seems they are ll within a couple ouches. Not sure if one of the sites is lying but they are all in the 30-33 oz. range.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top