JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I would get one.

I unfortunately do not have practical advice to give because years ago I bought a Gunvault brand but I have been meaning to replace it as I have heard rumors it can be easily picked or the button combination hacked by kids. Been looking at the Vaultek line and am impressed. I haven't heard of any failures with the Vaultek, though with kids Id still rather not have a key backup and am ok with biometric technology.

For a quick access lock box I will take a mechanical simplex lock all day, every day, over anything electronic. Electronics fail and batteries die...often at the worst possible times. YMMV.

Its good to know if the Vaultek has issues, but what Ive concluded is all these portable or small bedside safes have issued and can be picked but are still better than nothing... Most kids and car theives will not know one can even change the password on this specific Vaultek let alone with a fork or where the button is.
If you have kids or travel with others its always best to have a way to secure the gun when needed.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top