JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It's somewhat amusing seeing the different ways people achieve sight adjustment. One question I've always had: "how do people stabilize the slide, without marring the finish?" I've read many reviews about people using the sight moving tools that hold the slide. Some say they don't work for squat on anything, others say the same tool works great. I've only tried to move the sight on one firearm with a brass drift, the sight didn't budge. I had the slide on a solid hardwood surface that would not mar the slide or flex. Even applied some lubricant with a micro pin oiler, in case it was frozen up; still no luck. One day I might have to get one of these sight tools, and see if they work.

I have some plastic soft jaws for my bench vise. I put a rag between the soft jaws and the slide. Done this 2 or 3 times with stock and aftermarket sights. Worked every time for me, but I can see how some may be tight.

Maybe use an ELECTRIC heat gun to make the joint open up?

I offered to purchase the defective part. They do not sell replacement sights. They have to perform the work even if the unit is out of warranty. That is not customer service. That is bad company policy.

Aren't there other companies that sell sights?

But again, how is it that you didn't see these things when you picked it up at the shop?

Just do a Youtube search of "Adjusting rear sight on handgun". Tons of videos. Some show using a brass punch, some use a sight adjustment tool, some use a screwdriver wrapped in packing tape. Move the rear sight in the direction you want the bullet to go. With an inch off at 10 yards, very little adjustment is needed; maybe 1/32th of an inch or so.

Some folks will tell you that shots going left means you are using improper trigger pulling techniques. This guy goes over that issue...

But he also says to just drift the sight and be done with it.

Normally I would agree that bad technique would be the issue, but I also have a SA XDS Mod 2 in 45acp and that one shoots 1" to the right :) So it actually might be the sights :)

Love my Hellcat. Changed out the springs and seer at about 500 rounds and put another 1000 through it since then.

I am going to dump the laser on the front soon. Not a fan of it as much as I though I would be.

Finally took the new Hellcat to the range today. It ran flawlessly with everything I could throw at it. Shot about 160 rounds total, had to save some 9mm because my daughter was shooting her AR9 we built. My only gripe is how strong the springs are in the magazines, my hands weren't strong enough to load to capacity-although I'm recovering from chemotherapy and not as strong as I once was.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top