JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I've had mine for 6 months now.
I carry it everyday.
When I wake up it goes in my robe pocket. :D

I throw it in my tank bag when we go for a MC ride.

The finish is holding up VERY well, with virtually no wear spots from my leather holster.

Theres nothing else out there that I want to replace it with.

I held and dry-fired both at the LGS a few times. Liked the Hellcat sights better, and the grip felt a little better. Trigger was also slightly better.

But, then the dealer told me to try the P365 with the 12-round magazine and it was love at first sight. So, I bought the Tac Pac model with the manual safety and three 12-round magazines for $529. I've since added a Hogue grip sleeve as well.

Absolutely in love with this pistol! Recoil is surprisingly mild for it's size and I've been able to get 2" 25 yard groups with it. Not a single hiccup and is super comfy to pack all day.

Sort of sad to have found the perfect carry gun, since researching and trying new carry guns was kind of fun.

I can't fault anyone for choosing the Hellcat since it was also a fantastic weapon. I wanted to try the P365 for years, but waited until all of the bugs were worked out. Not sure if the Hellcat is also having teething issues or not, but I know the Sig certainly did, which is why I waited.

I picked one up from a local dealer. I love the sights and the gun feels good in my hands. I've experienced serious problems with my previous Springfields so, I wanted to be certain to have several different factory ammo offerings. Federal target and hydra shock, pic target and hollow points, hornady black box, extreme defense and, extreme duty, Winchester ball and pd1. CCI Blazer and Gold dot. Sadly, I wasn't able to get through a single magazine without failures to feed. I spent about an hour on the range until I had reached the point that if I continued I would have probably thrown the gun into the pond. The farmer that owns the land cane down and we tried his mag tech hollow points. Failure after failure. All three magazines performed the same. As many as 7 malfunctions, failures to feed, in one full mag. I have to admit, I have had terrible results with every Springfield I have ever bought excluding the 1911's. 5 times now I have sent guns back to Springfield and received the exact same letter in return on all five. Springfield exclaims the different ammo manufacturers manufacture to different specs and not all ammo will function in your pistol. It is highly doubtful I will ever purchase another Springfield pistol. As for this one. Well there is a gun show in two weeks. I can't get rid of it soon enough

I have been itching for a Hellcat as well, but share your experience with two previous XDS's. I still think I want one, but why spend 500.00 on an unreliable pistol. I was reading this thread hoping to find some positive reviews before I picked one up.

Thank You for your input!

After a long time debating between the Hellcat and the P365XL I chose the Sig. Not too many reasons why, but in the end I prefer the Sig quality.

If my preferred red dot fit on the Hellcat without modification I may have gone that direction. I also just kept seeing that the Hellcat is more recoil-rific.

. I still think I want one, but why spend 500.00 on an unreliable pistol. I was reading this thread hoping to find some positive reviews before I picked one up.

I haven't had have any issues with mine.
Bought it in November '19. Been my "every minute of every day" carry.
For my $$$, the HELLCAT was better than the Sig.

My offer to let anyone who wants try it out stands.

Double layer of leather with a kydex spine.
Weird, that's the same thing my Dr told me last visit ...

I agree! The 365XL checks all the boxes after looking for the ideal CCW for about ten years. I do carry heavier iron when weather and cover clothing permit. I read here that somebody had reliability issues with Springfield Armory XDs. I have several (looking for that ideal carry gun) and have never had any functioning problems with them, and even the triggers were OK. The 365XL feels better in the hand, better balanced overall, and carries comfortably. Perhaps odd, but interesting: the 365XL seems to fit perfectly in my OWB leather holster that I use for my Kimber Super Carry Ultra .45.
I'm thinking I'll get a P365XL +Romeo Zero after the panic dies down.

Weird, that's the same thing my Dr told me last visit ...

Quick update regarding the RomeoZero: It took me a few months to find one in stock anywhere. Finally got one for $199 (discounted) from GunBuyer.com. With no experience using red dots, my initial session at the range with the red dot was not encouraging. Basically, I had trouble seeing the red dot. Blamed it on a bright day and high-contrast target. However, dry-fire practice at home gave me a breakthrough that might help you and others. Having shot iron sights (or scopes) for 60 years, I habitually focus on the front sight. But using the red dot in dry fire practice, I discovered that it works very well--almost magically--when I focus on the target. With both eyes open, no less! The red dot seems to drop right into place. Which I think might ultimately prove to the best thing for a defense situation, because the tendency will be to focus on the attacker.

I did have to get the Dremel tool out and cut away some of my BladeTech IWB holster material that goes next to my body to accommodate the red dot. The jury's still out on whether that will affect retention. I did tighten up the tension screw by the front of the barrel for some extra insurance.

Finally, having finally found a third mag at a local dealer, I bought a DeSantis double magazine pouch. The pouch works fine with a dress belt, but the loops are too tight for my usual "gun belt" (which I put in quotation marks, because my belt isn't purpose-made for guns but has held up better over more years than any "gun belt" I've owned).

Quick update regarding the RomeoZero: It took me a few months to find one in stock anywhere. Finally got one for $199 (discounted) from GunBuyer.com. With no experience using red dots, my initial session at the range with the red dot was not encouraging.
I have RMR and other similar red dots on 3 Glocks, an FNX-45, and a couple 22 LR pistols. My close in vision just doesn't really cut it anymore with irons, so I started transitioning over several years ago. Once you get used to it, it's fine but it is different and takes some time doing drills to get it sorted out. This is why I'm interested in the 365XL and Romeo Zero; I'm now used to using a red dot and I'd like to have one on my small carry if possible.

I have a P365XL and love it! Regarding the RomeoZero and the impression I have been getting from various sources, I'm going to be putting my money on a Holosun 507k... whenever they become available, that is. Fits right on the SIG just like the RomeoZero does. No modifications needed.

I have a P365XL and love it! Regarding the RomeoZero and the impression I have been getting from various sources, I'm going to be putting my money on a Holosun 507k... whenever they become available, that is. Fits right on the SIG just like the RomeoZero does. No modifications needed.
I have Holosuns on 3 pistols, and I like them a lot. The RMR equipped pistols are using Trijicon dual illum units, as I'm not a fan of counting on a battery. The Holosuns I have are solar with battery backup. Thanks for the tip.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top