JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I picked one up from a local dealer. I love the sights and the gun feels good in my hands. I've experienced serious problems with my previous Springfields so, I wanted to be certain to have several different factory ammo offerings. Federal target and hydra shock, pic target and hollow points, hornady black box, extreme defense and, extreme duty, Winchester ball and pd1. CCI Blazer and Gold dot. Sadly, I wasn't able to get through a single magazine without failures to feed. I spent about an hour on the range until I had reached the point that if I continued I would have probably thrown the gun into the pond. The farmer that owns the land cane down and we tried his mag tech hollow points. Failure after failure. All three magazines performed the same. As many as 7 malfunctions, failures to feed, in one full mag. I have to admit, I have had terrible results with every Springfield I have ever bought excluding the 1911's. 5 times now I have sent guns back to Springfield and received the exact same letter in return on all five. Springfield exclaims the different ammo manufacturers manufacture to different specs and not all ammo will function in your pistol. It is highly doubtful I will ever purchase another Springfield pistol. As for this one. Well there is a gun show in two weeks. I can't get rid of it soon enough

Tbh the one thing that Trump's the p365 on the hell cat the guide rod is built as a stand off device which to me is a clear winner
Just an opoinion here, not trying to instigate anything but ...

I don't see how that tiny bit of protrusion would make any difference in a real life encounter. It's too small and the typical situation where it would / could help would be at contact distance with a bad actor … and pushing the gun into clothing or flesh will cause it to give enough that the protrusion will have no effect.

Just my thinking on the matter. Anyone care to enlighten me to another way of looking at it? If so please do, I'm always ready to learn!

I picked one up from a local dealer. I love the sights and the gun feels good in my hands. I've experienced serious problems with my previous Springfields so, I wanted to be certain to have several different factory ammo offerings. Federal target and hydra shock, pic target and hollow points, hornady black box, extreme defense and, extreme duty, Winchester ball and pd1. CCI Blazer and Gold dot. Sadly, I wasn't able to get through a single magazine without failures to feed. I spent about an hour on the range until I had reached the point that if I continued I would have probably thrown the gun into the pond. The farmer that owns the land cane down and we tried his mag tech hollow points. Failure after failure. All three magazines performed the same. As many as 7 malfunctions, failures to feed, in one full mag. I have to admit, I have had terrible results with every Springfield I have ever bought excluding the 1911's. 5 times now I have sent guns back to Springfield and received the exact same letter in return on all five. Springfield exclaims the different ammo manufacturers manufacture to different specs and not all ammo will function in your pistol. It is highly doubtful I will ever purchase another Springfield pistol. As for this one. Well there is a gun show in two weeks. I can't get rid of it soon enough
Disappointing to read your experience...I will stick with my G43X for now I think.

I like the Hellcat more mostly due to the trigger, but also because of the texture on the grip and the extra round in the magazines. It feels as if it fills my hand a bit more than the P365. Long story short, I am keeping the P365, only because I plan to get more sigs in the future. So I'm selling the one week old Hellcat for $400.
A wee bit confused here . . . you say you like the Hellcat more, but you're selling it and keeping the Sig? I would think you would keep the Hellcat and buy more Springfields? I would agree though, after handling both, the Hellcat feels better. And what feels better is what I generally buy and keep. I personally have had more issues with Sig products, than any other brand I've owned. They were all conceal carry size firearms. P290RS, P938SAS and P232. The only one I still own, the P232.

I like the hellcat. Easy to carry, good grip texture and easy to acquire sights. Trigger is a little heavy though, but it's meant for ccw not sharp shooting.

Personally I'm a fan of the 365xl. Both the 365 and hell cat were a touch too small for me so I opted for the XL which IMO is the best striker fired gun in that size that I have had the pleasure of shooting. Loading the magazines however can go screw themselves, almost makes a loading device a need instead of a want.

You can make a 365 fit larger hands pretty easy.
XL grip and a sleeve works out great for me.
V6ubxMcl.jpg
Shoots way better for me this way over the 365 grip and 365 12 round mags.
Just got my Versacarry holster for it. Carries very nice in it.
ucrolKjl.jpg

Will most likely get a 365 XL next when the new Holosun comes out.

A wee bit confused here . . . you say you like the Hellcat more, but you're selling it and keeping the Sig? I would think you would keep the Hellcat and buy more Springfields? I would agree though, after handling both, the Hellcat feels better. And what feels better is what I generally buy and keep. I personally have had more issues with Sig products, than any other brand I've owned. They were all conceal carry size firearms. P290RS, P938SAS and P232. The only one I still own, the P232.

Thats all that I was saying.

I don't give a tinkers damn what anyone else chooses. But ... this IS a forum where any statement is subject to discussion.

Thinking about picking one up top replace my 1st gen SW Shield .40 as a concealer. Looking for some experience based opinions on the Hellcat. No I don't need a glock 43. Lol
Good luck to you. After the purchase and range time with two different hellcats, I'm sure I will never buy another. Failure to feed failure to extract, over and over again with several different factory loads finally had me looking forward to the next gun show. The dig 320's and 365's come in several offerings and of course there are other manufacturers. The hellcats are my kryptonite

You can make a 365 fit larger hands pretty easy.
XL grip and a sleeve works out great for me.
View attachment 659771
Shoots way better for me this way over the 365 grip and 365 12 round mags.
Just got my Versacarry holster for it. Carries very nice in it.
View attachment 659772

Will most likely get a 365 XL next when the new Holosun comes out.
Nice looking compact summer carry package! Does that holster have a kydex liner/stiffener?

Personally I'm a fan of the 365xl. Both the 365 and hell cat were a touch too small for me so I opted for the XL which IMO is the best striker fired gun in that size that I have had the pleasure of shooting. Loading the magazines however can go screw themselves, almost makes a loading device a need instead of a want.

I agree! The 365XL checks all the boxes after looking for the ideal CCW for about ten years. I do carry heavier iron when weather and cover clothing permit. I read here that somebody had reliability issues with Springfield Armory XDs. I have several (looking for that ideal carry gun) and have never had any functioning problems with them, and even the triggers were OK. The 365XL feels better in the hand, better balanced overall, and carries comfortably. Perhaps odd, but interesting: the 365XL seems to fit perfectly in my OWB leather holster that I use for my Kimber Super Carry Ultra .45.

Its not a big deal or a 100% advantage. Its admittedly a minor feature. But if I had to choose 1 with vs 1 without, I'd take the 1 with. ;)
I'd agree if it was a true standoff … but the "standoff" on the Hellcat protrudes not even an eighth of an inch. You would have to press the gun perfectly perpendicular to the target (over a 360 degree axis) to have any chance of it doing anything. And that would require pressing against a firm object. Press the muzzle against flesh or even thin clothing and the flex from the target would transfer the pressure from the "standoff" area to the periphery of the muzzle rendering it useless. To me it's just marketing hype calling this a standoff.

But that is just one guys opinion.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads