Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Opinions on The Leupold® VX-R® 1.25-4x20mm?

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by Don H, May 11, 2014.

1. Don H

Don H Oregon Well-Known Member

Midsouth has the following deal for $598.96. What do you guys think? I'm looking for an AR scope (5.56) for 10 yards to 200.. What say you?

http://www.midsouthshooterssupply.com/gunner.asp?clicks=rot1
    http://www.midsouthshooterssupply.com/item.asp?sku=0002491791

VXR_Gunner_banner.jpg

2. Don H

Just an aside, I posted this question about 8 minutes ago and then I googled for "VX-R 1.25-4x20mm Gunner .223 BDC" and this post came up #2.. man, those google robots are fast!

3. TwinStick

TwinStick In the wind Active Member

Looks similar to the VX-R Patrol, and about the same price. I bought a VX-R Patrol and loved it, but I decided to sell it to go with more magnification. Great scope though.

Don H likes this.
  4. Don H

Thank you. What scope did you end up switching too? I've been looking at the Vortex Viper PST (ffp) and it looks like a lot of scope for the money.

5. drewp

drewp 503pdx Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

I just got a vxr Patrol 3x9 and I love it. I have it on my 22lr ar15. Im sure the scope you mention is good too... oh btw I have the leupold quick release rings and the scope is dead nuts at zero up zero right at 70yards out of the box...maybe I have a well placed rail on my upper though.. ..

Don H likes this.
  6. orygun

orygun West Linn Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

I have a VX-R 3-9x40 on my hunting rifle. Love it with one exception that may not matter to you. The top (elevation) turret can't be covered or locked and I sometimes find that it's rotated when I'm traveling thru a brushy area.

Don H likes this.
  7. TwinStick

TwinStick In the wind Active Member

Leupold VX-R 2-7x33

8. Don H

Thank you!

9. Screwdriver

Screwdriver Portland OR Member

its based on the VX-R patrol. it looks like it just has different turrets and a green diode for the reticle.
    i was looking at these for my 300 blk rifle. i couldn't find one in town and ended up going with the vortex viper pst 1-4. i think i like it better, haven't been to the range yet

Don H likes this.