JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have a XDM 9 compact 3.8 I really like, but am wanting to go back to .45 in that frame size (in addition to my .40SC I have).... So im going to sell it to fund Whatever 45 I buy or perhaps the pocket gun first as Im hoping that SA comes out with a XDM 45 Compact 3.8 ;O) ....

However, I want a pocket gun (might as well be in 9mm since i have a crap ton of ammo) and am not very well versed on whats what... I do know that I dont like the trigger of the 2 Kahrs Ive held, but the guns are so slick... Might have to actually shoot 1 and see how I feel after.

Keltec, Sig... etc... Opinions? Pics on whats what...

Let the games begin ..

The best of the bunch is the Rohrbaugh R9s. It is the smallest and it is time tested and proven. While all the others are experiencing problems left and right the Rohrbaugh is still on top.

How about a colt pocket 9? I just posted mine up for sale yesterday.

Those are great guns that were way ahead of their time. if they had been released to a market like the one that exists today they would have been huge hits. Unfortunately they were released to a market that wasn't as concerned about micro 9mm pistols. I still think they are a bit big and heavy for actual pocket carry (they are about the same size as a Walther PPK) but they are nice.

The best of the bunch is the Rohrbaugh R9. It is the smallest and it is time tested and proven. While all the others are experiencing problems left and right the Rohrbaugh is still on top.

The Kahr pm9s are .22" longer and .30" taller and weigh .5 ounce more than the Rohrbaugh R9. A small size difference. The kahr pm9 condones and warrants their weapons with +P ammo. The Kahr also is easier to hang on to with less muzzle flip than the R9. To say,"all the others are experiencing problems left and right", is utter non sense when it comes to the PM9. 100% reliability is standard for the pm9 once broke in. I owned both of these weapons at the same time and sold the Rohrbaugh.I still carry the PM9 as a backup in the winter and as my primary in warm weather. For pocket pistols, the PM9 is the top dog, IMHO.

My Primary carry is a XD40 SC.. Im very accurate with it and "flip" is not any issue for my iron *** grip LOL.

I love the .40 and 45... But the .40 mostly (The XD is small on me Im a tall/big dude) for CC due to bang vs size. Im not so much a "45 IS THE ONLY CALIBER THAT CAN KILL ANYTHING" mentality type. Ranger T124 +p+ is NASTY in 9 :O)

The XDM9sc3.8 is cool... I like it, alot, its a very nice shooting pistol, just miss .45, and figured id go with a pocket gun for 9 as Ive recently seen how that could be nice to have when you just dont feel like stuffing something in your pants or under your arm... LOL.

Ive played with a Kahr and the DAO trigger felt horrible to me. I have NOT sdhot one though. Looks like I should try to get over it and SHOOT one to see really what they are like.

Im going to the show this weekend and will fondle one :O)

I have a buddy with a Kahr 40.. If the triggers are about the same, maybe I should go shoot it???

I have even more 40 than I do 9 LOL

The Kahr pm9s are .22" longer and .30" taller and weigh .5 ounce more than the Rohrbaugh R9. A small size difference. The kahr pm9 condones and warrants their weapons with +P ammo. The Kahr also is easier to hang on to with less muzzle flip than the R9. To say,"all the others are experiencing problems left and right", is utter non sense when it comes to the PM9. 100% reliability is standard for the pm9 once broke in. I owned both of these weapons at the same time and sold the Rohrbaugh.I still carry the PM9 as a backup in the winter and as my primary in warm weather. For pocket pistols, the PM9 is the top dog, IMHO.
I have done comparisons of these two guns in the past. The size difference is small, but it seems like a huge difference when actually carrying the gun. I own both and I can tell you the Rohrbaugh disappears/carries much more easily.

R9s-PM9.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
If you don't like the Kahr trigger then fuggedabowdt the Kel-tecs! The Kel-tec PF9 is supposed to have a softer trigger than the P11 does, but both are really like a four-finger grip on the guns! It's a long, stiff pull, though the pull is smooth with no stacking up. Myself, I LIKE the Kel-tec trigger, as it focuses my mind on the aim as my hand deliberately locks down with the trigger pull. That is all the safety mechanism these guns need too---they can't go off by accident! I also really LOVE the Kahr trigger---it is fairly soft even if it is a "long" pull, and it is smooth-like-buttah...........................elsullo

I have done comparisons of these two guns in the past. The size difference is small, but it seems like a huge difference when actually carrying the gun. I own both and I can tell you the Rohrbaugh disappears/carries much more easily.

R9s-PM9.jpg

Very cool graphics PP.:s0155:

I still say that when you put pistols into a pocket holster,which is how I carry it so it doesn't "print",the difference in size is negligible. I don't like the mag release on the Rohrbaugh and certainly don't think it is twice as good as the Kahr, which is what the price difference is.... That's why there are so many choices. We all have different opinions and preferences...I've not heard a lot of good things about the Kel-Tec's though.

Very cool graphics :s0155:

Last edited by a moderator:
I recently acquired a Ruger LC9. I am expecting my Blade Tech Nanno IWB for it any day now.
Have only about 50 rounds though it so far so the jury is still out but nothing about it offends at this early stage.
The trigger is different from what I am used to but think I can get used to it.
Am looking forward to more rounds and then seeing how it carries on a daily basis.
I prefer the dimensions to many of the sub compact 9mms.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top