JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I've got to get me an AK 47 before all the gun control crap comes down the pike and I've been putting it off for too long. I'm not wanting to spend over a K and I'm not going to drop to the 1/2K range either. What say you AK guys about Petronov? I want to stay with the "Authentic"...IE: wood stocks, side mount optics rail cleaning rod.

Thanks.

Mike

I looked at their website. They have a lot of different products and varieties. Including stamped, milled, pistols, rifles different calibers, and different barrel types ie 4140 vs 4150. They used a a Russian parts kit for that rifle on Atlantic's website. Petronov Armament is a company that builds their own receivers and buy imported parts kits/single stack rifles like Century. If you just want an ak with wood stocks, side rail, and cleaning rod then there's nothing wrong with an npap. Just that the muzzle break, trigger group, and gas piston are American made due to 922r. If you don't like the wood finish on the stock nothing like sanding, staining and a little gloss can't fix. All in all, if you want authentic just look for the words "original imported parts kit". You'll be able to find almost mil-spec rifles. I would take a closer look at the Polish rifles on Atlantic's website if I were you.

Last Edited:
I am running some (actually) nice looking WASR-10's and I've not had any issues with them at all. That being said, the above suggestions are good.

Also, I just did some business with the folks at RRC Firearms, and they're VERY NICE (and reasonable) people. They're also supporting vendors here.

They have some nice AK kits well within your stated price ranges.

http://www.rrcfirearms.com

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads