JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The keltec p-11 is a snappy little bastard,
Not bashing the company but it is certainly my least favorite 9mm to put ammo through.

It feeds perfectly, and is exceptionally accurate for how short the barrel is.

I personally like exposed hammers, so that's a minus in my eyes.

Though very long and stiff the trigger is very smooth without any polishing.

For a pistol that can be found new for under $200 it certainly gets a passing grade from me.

How did it not feed correctly?

Not really, not feeding correctly can be many things, one of which is operator error (limp wristing).

Don't know and don't care,since I have better sense than to buy a ketec POS in the first place.
Much better guns out there,that I personally have heard way too many complaints about.
Doesn't matter what they were,what the real problem was,operator error or not.
(maybe the gun wasn't designed very good,so there is lots or operator error? Just sayin)

Save a little and buy a better gun,that's my opinion.

I have a p11 that I carry most of the time during shorts weather,it has always been good to me. The first thing that you'll need to do is a good cleaning and maybe a little polish on the feed ramp the second thing you need to do is get a hogue handall jr. for it and then shoot the **** out of it with out the grip wrap it was pretty hard to keep ahold of.

A lot of problems with the PF-9 were the magazine ejecting during recoil - solved by replacing mag catch and spring, and chambering problems - some would only feed WWB and others would choke on it. Some would only chamber 115gr while others will feed up to 147gr. The consistency of their products is up for grabs. I had two. The same 115gr JHP round (measured to spec) would chamber in one but get stuck in the other one, requiring some banging of the slide to unlock it. Removing the barrel from each, the round easily slides into the chamber of the first and drops out. The other chamber - well, the round gets wedged in there and isn't fully chambered.

I still like the gun but have reservations about insisting that others should buy one, knowing what I know.

MY PF-9 was no problem at all. It just ended up being a bit much for pocket carry, and I traded down to a TCP 738 in .380 acp(which has been flawless so far with all types of ammo).

But back to the PF-9, it shot everything well, FMJ, hollow point, etc.....

It was a snappy bugger to shoot, but in a self defense situation, I would be more concerned that it shoot reliably than how much felt recoil there was.

To those who don't like the long double action trigger pull, remember there is no manual safety on these.

That said, if I ever want a 9mm carry gun again, it will be another PF-9.

My buddy carries a P3AT and it has never failed to go BANG when pulling the trigger.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Capitalism is BO$$!!!

I have owned 2 P-11's and a P32. All of them functioned 100% for me except for some issues I had with the newer 12 rd magazines (the original P-11's came out during the AWB and had 10 rd mags) failing to feed properly. I called KelTec, described the problem, and they sent me 2 replacement mags for FREE with a self-addressed stamped envelope to return the defective ones in. And this was for a P-11 that I had bought used. I give them an A+++ for customer service. The guns themselves are not finished as nicely as, say, a comparable Taurus would be....and the trigger on the P11 is not my favorite...but for the money they are truly one of the best values out there in an affordable, compact concealed-carry piece. The P-11 in particular has been around for almost 20 yrs now and its a proven, reliable, affordable little gun.

I am really surprised they stop making the P40, I talked to several cops about I knew about the gun, when I bought mine over 12 years ago, and they all said they and other officers carried them as back ups and off duty because they compact and reliable. So once again I think most of the complainers were trying to get their gun replaced or refurbished for free.

I ma really surprised they stop making the P40, I talked to several cops about I knew about the gun, when I bought mine over 12 years ago, and they all said they and other officers carried them as back ups and off duty because they compact and reliable. So once again I think most of the complainers were trying to get their gun replaced or refurbished for free.

I had a P40 barrel and slide on my P-11 for awhile, it was 100% reliable but the recoil pretty much made the gun unmanageable. Its already enough of a handful with a +p9mm round, IMHO a 14-ounce compact gun is just too small and light for the .40. Kind of like the people who buy an airweight .357 Mag snubnose....most of them wind up carrying the gun loaded with .38+p rounds once they experience the recoil, blast and muzzle flash of the full Magnum load in such a tiny gun.

I have a p3AT with a pocket clip that is what it is. Its never malfunctioned, but then again I dont shoot it much. Lousy sights, wimpy and expensive caliber, not very accurate. But its good if you take into account its limitations and use it accordingly.

Their QC is iffy. Some good some bad

Too many reports of Kabooms mostly with +P ammo in pistols, certain 22 WM in their PM30 and in my RFB an unsupported chamber.

I work in a gun store and we have never had any problems with Kel Tec. I own a sub 2000 in 9 and 40. Both are a blast to shoot. I just got the 22LR and havent tried it out yet. Dont try to turn these into match guns though. Even the manual says for the 40, 10" moa at 100 yds, but on the flip side, the 40 at 100 yds has a higher impact velocity than a 357. They make great car guns as an adjunct to my glocks and hold the same mags.

Their QC is iffy. Some good some bad

Too many reports of Kabooms mostly with +P ammo in pistols, certain 22 WM in their PM30 and in my RFB an unsupported chamber.

Please tell me about these kabooms? I wasn't aware I could shoot +P in my PF-9, but then I have really checked into it.

All semi-autos have unsupported chambers. It's called a feed ramp.

unsupportedchambers5-1.jpg

Guess my sentence was a run on.

I ment, my RFB kabooms because of an unsupported chamber. Try it yourself get a RFB and try some russian ammo and wait for the fun to begin. Also had it will American Eagle.

the pistols kaboom (don't know why) using +P mostly from corbon, this is not first hand but from the KTOG forum, really a great place

The PMR30 kabooms are reports supported by Keltec which now tell you which ammo you can and cannot use in their pmr30 pistol

Please tell me about these kabooms? I wasn't aware I could shoot +P in my PF-9, but then I have really checked into it.

All semi-autos have unsupported chambers. It's called a feed ramp.

unsupportedchambers5-1.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads