JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm getting tired of waiting for Kimber to send a Solo to my local dealer... thinkin' I might just get something else in the mean time.

Seriously kicking around the idea of a Smith M&P 360, or a 360PD.

The other option is to snag another auto.

Those of you that have experience with Kel Tec.. what do you think? I'm looking at the PF-9 and the P-11

Also looking at Kahr, but I've heard horror stories about 100's of rounds to "break it in"..

Talk to me..

I cannot speak for their pistols but I do have a KT Sub 2000. Great little plinker - accurate and reliable after a little tuning and getting a load developed it would cycle properly. The pistols seem to have a good following with not much bad to be said about them. The prices are certainly right with great customer service from the factory.

I've had several and carried them daily although right now I'm carrying a Kahr CW-45 with CW laser.

Some people have experienced problems with them but I haven't. My P-40 (no longer made due to too many being returned for malfunctions when the firearm functioned perfectly). Limp wristing them will cause a jamb. I don't have that problem even when firing .357 SIG or .40 ammo through either barrel (the .357 SIG barrel is no longer made either). I can't say it's a "fun" shooter as it's really snappy in your hand. Accuracy is what you would expect from a short barreled pistol. I did add an overtravel stop to the grip and polished the barrel throats. Then added Wolfe springs to the mags. My KT's are very old models and any shortcomings I can report on have been taken care of over the years.

I did have one P-11 that I added the P-40 top end to, then got the .357 SIG barrel for it. I sold it a few years ago as I didn't need two. Wish I'd have kept it though!

I did have a Sub 2000 (sold some time ago) and a SU 16A (sold to get the SU 16C). I also have a P-3AT as well as the SU 16C now. I carry the P-3AT in my bathrobe pocket although I have carried it when I had to wear a suit for a special occasion.

I'm well satisfied with KT's in general, hopefully the 14+1 shotgun will get here soon!!

I have a "blued" PF9 that I utterly trust. It has the crappiest bluing job this side of a Ruger, but it does go bang every time and hits what I aim at.

Just don't feed them 147 grain rounds, the PF9 doesn't like those longish OAL rounds.

I've had great experiences with Kel-Tec products. I also love the fact that they're on the forefront of consumer firearm innovation today. You can't argue with a company which is building cool new toys for you and I and offering them at a fair price.

I had two PF-9s. One digested everything I fed it, the other had an out of spec chamber. Sold it after sending the barrel back to KT twice on my dime. Quality control is a crap shoot but they do have a lifetime warranty - even though I had to pay for the return. On smaller stuff like springs and mag catches they will mail to you for free. Can you tell I have experience with them?

I do like the PF-9 but the recoil is harsh. I have a Ruger LC9 that's the same size (+/-.10" for those picky people) and it is surprisingly soft on the recoil, very noticeable. I put a CTC laser on the PF-9 and hope to do the same with the LC9. Just giving you some things to think about.

Have a P-11 and its great for what it is, a small subcompact pocket Nine that goes bang every time and hits human sized targets where I want to hit. Carry one and trust my life to it.

I'm getting tired of waiting for Kimber to send a Solo to my local dealer... thinkin' I might just get something else in the mean time.

Seriously kicking around the idea of a Smith M&P 360, or a 360PD.

The other option is to snag another auto.

Those of you that have experience with Kel Tec.. what do you think? I'm looking at the PF-9 and the P-11

Also looking at Kahr, but I've heard horror stories about 100's of rounds to "break it in"..

Talk to me..

I used to have a Keltec P32 and it always worked great. I shot the 380 model and i didn't like it as much as the 32 model. 380 dug into your hand with those checkered grips, the 32 was way more controllable & felt right.

ive had all those you have talked about except the kimber solo the keltec funtion fine a long stiff trigger on both p11 the worst i own two kahrs pm 40 p 380 and very nice trigger on both no ftf or fte on any of these but the kahrs are pricey like your kimbers well not quite as bad :D

The CS of KT is good and yes, their products have a lifetime warranty, but to me, I'd be looking at the overall execution of design before the CS and warranty. Smith and Wesson also has a lifetime warranty but they charge more because, being they have LE contracts, they're expected to have a better QC of their products. Yes, a few problems sneak out of their door here and there (I had an issue), but KT seems to charge less and then rely on the customer finding the problem and then fixing it as it happens.

Much as I appreciate a business keeping costs low, there is a threshold that I draw, in that the gun should work as designed. I should not have a magazine eject when shooting with my fingers nowhere near the button. I should not have live 9MM ammunition get stuck in the chamber with the slide stuck limbo slightly out of battery.

Regardless of whether it is for SD or for a range gun, customer support starts with the initial purchase.

I have a PF-9 that has been flawless. As a matter of fact, I just started carrying it and an extra mag because it is so much smaller than any of my Glocks, and 9mm is no slouch. I just bought a Glock 19 to be "NATO ready," and I was carrying my Glock 23 in .40. No, the KT isn't pretty, but neither are the Glocks. :)

Ok... nothin like switching gears ....

I purchased a Diamondback DB9 today... Went out and shot it.. dang thing shoots good!! Uber small, light weight.. fits the bill nicely so far!
Reasonably priced as well...

I have found that it is usually user-error...

That's what I was thinking too! Without knowing the problem we have no way of knowing.

KT quit making the P-40 because so many were returned for malfunctions, but when tested in a bench vise they worked fine. It was user errors that were causing the problems.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top