JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am pretty interested in the VP9SK as a concealer. I read a few threads about the slide spring being weak and the gun having problems staying in battery when the tip of the muzzle is up and is bumped. I didn't find any other negative info on it. Anybody have opinions on it or have one for sale?

I have the original HK VP9. I have no plans to get rid of it and I really like it. When I can carry I always carry the VP9. I have never had a failure to feed. I did have a bad primer on one round. The primer sizzled since I could see the smoke coming out of the chamber but the round didn't fire. I waited 30 seconds before I ejected the round.

I've always thought those weird protrusions on the rear of the slide on the VP series and a turnoff and the sole reason I've not yet bought one. I do have a p30 though and it's one of my favorite guns. I can't imagine the vp9sk NOT being a great carry choice

I have been carrying one for almost two years and have put a few thousand rounds through it with ZERO issues, not a single one to date. It's been 100% reliable and I find it to be incredibly accurate. I carry in a vedder light tuck(also really like)with the 13 round mag. It is also the LE version so it's got night sights and came with 3 mags.

20200130_192956.jpg

I purchased the VP9SK as a last personal effort to see if I could find a 9mm I enjoyed shooting.
It worked out extremely well and I've got ~4k rounds through mine at this time. No mechanical issues or modifications to date. Great & customizable grip, nice sights, and a great trigger out of the box. I think you'll enjoy owning & shooting one.

I am pretty interested in the VP9SK as a concealer. I read a few threads about the slide spring being weak and the gun having problems staying in battery when the tip of the muzzle is up and is bumped. I didn't find any other negative info on it. Anybody have opinions on it or have one for sale?

I own the VP40. I have not yet had a opportunity to fire it. I'm confident it will perform flawlessly. It's well made and very ergonomic and my only fault on it is that it's thicker and lower capacity than its direct peers in that size frame. HK (and Sig) are just not very good at squeezing more rounds into their magazines like XD and CZ can... I digress.

It seems the closest direct competitor to the HK VP series is the Walther PPQ or P99. I have both and they are fantastic. I would take a hard look at those pistols as serious contenders. Walther hit a home-run with the PPQ and the P99. If you opt for the HK, I'm sure you'll be happy. It's a high quality well made and comfortable pistol.

I have both the HK VP9 and VP40, I carry the VP40 in a Alien Gear Cloak Tuck. Both shoot well and have not had any FTF or FTE in the 2 years that I've owned them.

I bought the VP9 for shooting comp.

HK (and Sig) are just not very good at squeezing more rounds into their magazines
The P365 would like to have a word with you...
Walther hit a home-run with the PPQ and the P99.
I often carry a P99c, but I have a P99 and a PPQ also... you're right, they are great guns. The P99 has been discontinued though, supplanted by the wonderful PPQ.
Even HK snobs have to admit that the Walthers' triggers are among the best in the class. In a direct comparison I put the Q and VP9 as equal if slightly different, then other factors take over.

I've seriously considered a P30sk and/or a VP9sk but they overlap w the XDMc 3.8, P99c and USP9c that I already have... can't justify the $$ at this point.

The P365 would like to have a word with you...

Impressively, yet quickly surpassed by ~10% capacity by Springfield's Hellcat in the same size/dimensions.

In the same size pistols, HK and Sig just seem to lag behind in capacity. Hey, some of my all-time hall of fame favorites are the HK USP and SIG P226 and P229. But there's no ignoring that competitors squeeze more rounds into the same size mags and I just don't understand why HK and SIG cannot do better on capacity.

On point, the VP9 or VP40 are thicker than competitors yet hold less rounds. I don't understand it.

A couple guns I have handy to illustrate:
Same sized magazine:
HK VP40 = 13 rounds
Glock 22 = 15 rounds

Or check this out:
Glock 23 magazine is smaller than the Sig P229, and yet holds 1 more round (13 in the smaller Glock mag vs 12 in the larger Sig mag).

CZ and Springfield really pack their mags with even more rounds in same sized mags.

Last Edited:
Impressively, yet quickly surpassed by ~10% capacity by Springfield's Hellcat in the same size/dimensions.

In the same size pistols, HK and Sig just seem to lag behind in capacity. Hey, some of my all-time hall of fame favorites are the HK USP and SIG P226 and P229. But there's no ignoring that competitors squeeze more rounds into the same size mags and I just don't understand why HK and SIG cannot do better on capacity.

On point, the VP9 or VP40 are thicker than competitors yet hold less rounds. I don't understand it.
You're right. I was just kidding, really.
As much as I love my P220 .45 it's a big chunk o' pistola for 8 rds. It mostly sits in the safe, replaced in the nightstand by a USP40 (also huge, but way more capacity).

I think the P365 started a revolution in the subcompact segment though, the quick release of the Hellcat backs that up. It's hard to be satisfied with the 7 or 8 rds my EDC holds (PPS) when I know there's more capacity to be had in the same size package... and hopefully, more hi-cap options to come.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top