JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I have been wanting a Fobus holster for my Glock 19. I was going to go with the standard paddle holster. While searching around their website today I found that they make a tactical holster which allows you to holster your gun while it has a light attached. This is very appealing to me. I was wondering if anyone out there has used this holster and can give me a thumbs up or down? One thing I am curious to know is how secure the gun fits in to it while using it without a light attached to the rail.

If it's like my Fobus, the part it grabs is the trigger guard. And it does
it very well. Maybe too well. Kind of Atomic Wedgie well. And it's
not adjustable like a Uncle Mikes or a Blade-Tech.

I fired up the heat gun, warmed the "locking dent" up a bit, and got it
to loosen up a little.:)

Here is a link to the particular one I'm looking at. <broken link removed>

---------------------------------------
I have this one and dont use it much because it makes my already thick Glock bulge out even more. It's far from a tight to the body type of holster. I'd go with the belt style instead of the paddle if i was to buy another Fobus. It does work ok though with a heavy winter coat on.

I have the fobus for my G19 with a light. It works very well with the light attached, but unfortunately, I don't use this holster when not using the light, and switch to a leather IWB. The Fobus is kinda a bedside only holster for my G19 with a TR1.

Thanks for all the advice. I am not planning on using this for concealed carry. Having it be a touch bulky does not bother me. After giving it more thought I don't see myself using a light too much on this gun when needing to carry it in a holster.

I agree, don't care too much for the Fobus. The thing hold the Glock too tight, it's not adjustable. You darn near give yourself a wedgie, trying to jerk the gun out of the Holster. :s0131:

They have a new series of holsters called Evolution. They have a tension adjust. That is what I am now strongly considering.

Actually, I lied. I have a safariland Kydex holster I use for my G9 with a light. It has a tension adjustment screw for both the light and gun, but does not clamp on the trigger guard as the Fobus is descibed above. It's a belt slide model and is adjustable for cant. model 5187-832. Is stamped for the 17/22 but is also marketed and sold for the 19 as the light is in the same position on both the 19 and 17.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top