JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If you want armor piercing capability out of a handgun it would be much cheaper to reload 9mm shells with custom made steel core spitzer bullets and load it to +p+ levels or neck 9mm down to 7.62 and use 7.62x39 bullets on the shells and load to +p+ levels,these handloads will probably have more stopping power than 5.7x28 imho.

I'm pretty sure that loading steel core bullets in 9mm (or any handgun caliber) is illegal.

There's a german company called MEN(?) that makes some +P+ 9mm ammo with a 91gr bullet that's suppose to be as close to AP 9mm as you can get. I shot some into wet newspaper, and it penetrated almost as far as surplus (polish?) 7.62x25, and considerably farther than standard pressure 115gr winchester FMJ.

I'm pretty sure that loading steel core bullets in 9mm (or any handgun caliber) is illegal.

There's a german company called MEN(?) that makes some +P+ 9mm ammo with a 91gr bullet that's suppose to be as close to AP 9mm as you can get. I shot some into wet newspaper, and it penetrated almost as far as surplus (polish?) 7.62x25, and considerably farther than standard pressure 115gr winchester FMJ.

If that were true, ak and ar 15 pistols would be illegal.

If that were true, ak and ar 15 pistols would be illegal.

You'd be wrong.

18 U.S.C., § 921(a)(17)(B)
http://uscode.house.gov/download/pls/18C44.txt

(17)(A) The term "ammunition" means ammunition or cartridge
cases, primers, bullets, or propellent powder designed for use in
any firearm.
(B) The term "armor piercing ammunition" means -
(i) a projectile or projectile core which may be used in a
handgun and which is constructed entirely (excluding the presence
of traces of other substances) from one or a combination of
tungsten alloys, steel, iron, brass, bronze, beryllium copper, or
depleted uranium; or