JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So I got the spyderco endela and delica. The delica is perfect but the endela has a screwed up grind. One side has a wide bevel and the other side has a medium bevel near the base and middle and then turns to a thin bevel near the point. At first I thought tip was bent but it's just a dramatically different and uneven bevel on one side. It's going back. No way I am going to try to re-profile the hap40 steel.

It's hard to appreciate how different the two sides are in pics but here are pics of the endela blade (ignore the two tone colors, just look at the beveled edge). Wide bevel side:
CF72D3AD-4C23-4561-A273-49056BC5BD55.jpeg
Thin bevel side, especially near the tip:
089E0B39-EC01-463E-AD9D-CFC0DD189B0F.jpeg
Assymetric tip:
1BF24FC9-FC97-4ACA-A25B-8EE2F764F015.jpeg

Last Edited:
So I got the spyderco endela and delica. The delica is perfect but the endela has a screwed up grind. One side has a wide bevel and the other side has a medium bevel near the base and middle and then turns to a thin bevel near the point. At first I thought tip was bent but it's just a dramatically different and uneven bevel on one side. It's going back. No way I am going to try to re-profile the hap40 steel.

It's hard to appreciate how different the two sides are in pics but here are pics of the endela blade (ignore the two tone colors, just look at the beveled edge). Wide bevel side:
View attachment 1189004
Thin bevel side, especially near the tip:
View attachment 1189005
Assymetric tip:
View attachment 1189006
That is unfortunate and should not have made it through Spyderco QA. If the dealer doesn't make it right, Spyderco definitely will.

Any recommendations for spyderco delica deep carry clip? I was surprised that delica fits in my jeans coin pocket. I saw this one on a nick shabazz YouTube review fwiw:

@ilikegunspdx the Lync clips are my go to for Spyderco deep carry clips. Using them on a couple EDC's and have nothing but good things to say about them. They are priced reasonably, stand behind their work and are a fellow northwester. I also like supporting local small businesses and have watched Casey grow his business from the beginning.

@ilikegunspdx the Lync clips are my go to for Spyderco deep carry clips. Using them on a couple EDC's and have nothing but good things to say about them. They are priced reasonably, stand behind their work and are a fellow northwester. I also like supporting local small businesses and have watched Casey grow his business from the beginning.
Good info thx. I emailed him to see what clip to get for shorter length than standard (if possible). I usually carry my sig p938 in front pocket in an Alabama holster and shorter clip would be ideal, but not critical. Thx!

Update for others to avoid possible problems... re standard pocket clip on delica carried inside the pocket but clipped to pocket: carried for only 1.5 days and so far fell out without my knowledge twice: (1) fell out of coin pocket (found on floor later) (2) fell out of front jeans pocket (found on car seat later). I have zero faith in the stock carry clip. I was paying close attention cuz it's new carry method and new knife. if I had not being watching for it I could have have easily lost it in only first couple days of carrying it. Gonna get one of the lynch clips before I attempt clip carry again. Just passing along FYI, maybe others experiences are different.

Update for others to avoid possible problems... re standard pocket clip on delica carried inside the pocket but clipped to pocket: carried for only 1.5 days and so far fell out without my knowledge twice: (1) fell out of coin pocket (found on floor later) (2) fell out of front jeans pocket (found on car seat later). I have zero faith in the stock carry clip. I was paying close attention cuz it's new carry method and new knife. if I had not being watching for it I could have have easily lost it in only first couple days of carrying it. Gonna get one of the lynch clips before I attempt clip carry again. Just passing along FYI, maybe others experiences are different.
Coin pocket is a good way to lose many different knives, regardless of clip style. When you sit down, the body of the knife will be shoved up and out.
I have these 3 on me today, left and right pockets and the civilian in Dickie's " cell phone pocket ".

20220502_101029.jpg

They stay put . Been doing this for 15 years .

Coin pocket is a good way to lose many different knives, regardless of clip style. When you sit down, the body of the knife will be shoved up and out.
I have these 3 on me today, left and right pockets and the civilian in Dickie's " cell phone pocket ".

View attachment 1190266

Very helpful info thx! I was thinking that little cricket one would fit perfectly in coin pocket and serrated one would be a great box opener. But now I'm not sure I would trust it in coin pocket.

Plus I only see stainless sided ones available which are heavy for their size. One thing cool about stainless sides though is you could make any finish u want from refrigerator like "grain" to a more polished look. Brought back a rusty ruger 10/22 stainless barrel and dialed in exact look I wanted by trying different grits of sandpaper (I think 220 looked best as I recall).
323B5AE0-A2ED-45BA-B95C-07D159F77111.jpeg

If I remember right, you have the wood scaled Delica and I can see it being an issue for the pocket clip to generate the necessary friction for proper retention. The FRN scales and G10 scales provide that clip pressure point something to grip against. You might ask Casey if he can bend your clip a little bit more to provide additional pressure to help with retention.

Just ordered one of these Boker automatic knives for a dedicated cardboard cutter. D2 serrated blade. We order a lot of crap online and it might save the spyderco blade somewhat from cutting so many boxes over time. Of course I couldn't just use an actual box cutter, because that would just be too boring. :p

They are $53 at grindworx (same company as bladehq). Made in Taiwan. Looks to me like it's a more heavy duty/tacticalish kalashnikov.Their photo of knife says aus8 and description says d2 so I had her check. She said it has been upgraded to D2 like the kalashnikovs have.

I'm still trying to figure out best solution for an edc serrated blade (would be carried along with delica plain knife). I could replace my skeletool blade with a skeletool rx 154cm serrated blade but I would have to buy the whole tool just to get the blade which is kind of silly. Also dragonfly or ladybug serated in coin pocket might work. Still unsure of best way to go for that. Open to suggestions for small lightweight serrated knives with good steel (d2 or better). This one too big for me as an extra edc knife but big size should help with cardboard I would think.

3C5FBEC2-62F3-403A-8EAA-1059F6E32F2B.png
BA02A1C6-07B3-4DF4-BECA-84A71CA0A24A.png

Last Edited:
If I remember right, you have the wood scaled Delica and I can see it being an issue for the pocket clip to generate the necessary friction for proper retention. The FRN scales and G10 scales provide that clip pressure point something to grip against. You might ask Casey if he can bend your clip a little bit more to provide additional pressure to help with retention.
That's an excellent point. Just for giggles I'll try putting some skateboard tape on the scale near the clip to see if it helps. Can't hurt. The lynch clip is probably going to fix it I think. Standard clip just rides too high I'm thinking but that lack of friction idea makes perfect sense. I have a little notebook I keep in back pocket and it used to always slide out unexpectedly until I put skateboard tape on both sides so you are probably right.

I am old enough to have carried a pocket knife in grade school and to have played mumbly peg on the school grounds. Carried a 4" Kabar 2 blade folding knife in HS and years after. Somehow I lost it about 10 years ago and replaced it a Buck 4" lock blade knife. Also carry a 2 1\2" lock blade, I call it my "public knife". Been carrying one for almost 65 years and have never had to use one for defense but nice to know it is there.

Last Edited:

View attachment 1190266

I wish all jeans were made with this fancy little pocket. It keeps items with pocket clips hidden and secure (free from snagging on jackets or getting pulled/pushed out due to body movements. Ariat M4 Rebar jeans are my favorite when it comes to edc/having stuff in my pockets.

8144C21B-4C9C-4DFA-8DEC-FF17EE7FE9E7.jpeg 1347AAB8-0AF9-4C15-92B3-04E656611D4C.jpeg 73A65CFF-EC7D-4515-ADE7-20D3356649C2.jpeg

Quality construction.
A blade that will hold an edge well.
And......cheap enough. As in......I won't cry, if I lose it.

BTW......for me it's the Kershaw OSO Sweet - model #1830

BTW....IMHO, the once-a-year Kershaw factory sale is a must-attend event.

Aloha, Mark

Quality construction.
A blade that will hold an edge well.
And......cheap enough. As in......I won't cry, if I lose it.

BTW......for me it's the Kershaw OSO Sweet - model #1830

BTW....IMHO, the once-a-year Kershaw factory sale is a must-attend event.

Aloha, Mark
That's a nice little knife. Lightweight, and I love the grip texture. I miss scrounging the cabelas bargain cave for $15 knives every time they made a packaging change, or reset the different departments.

Maybe it's the Boy Scout in me, but I have a hard time carrying just a single blade. For many years I carried an original Gerber multitool followed by a Leatherman Charge TTi that I replaced the jaws on to have replaceable wire strippers/cutters. I got tired of the bulk in my pocket though and got drawn back to Victorinox Swiss Army Knives. I looked at several models and found a set of tools I liked, but they weren't all on a single tool and I wanted a little more flair. I had been a member of Multitool.org for a while before I finally decided to have Robert Lessard (Syph007 or SAKmodder in various places) do a 93mm Victorinox but with older style scales machined out of titanium and anodized a light blue. He does all sorts of customizations these days and you can see some of his handiwork on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/robertjlessard/

I chose to have a full size blade, a leather punch/awl, an inline Philips, an inline flathead/bottle opener, and a metal saw/file:
SAKs_On_The_Rocks_2_20160917.jpg

Been carrying and using it daily for over six years now. The finish is a bit lighter and has some wear on the high spots which gives it a nice patina (the one different screw is because I lost one when I took it apart to clean and couldn't find the exact same ones to replace it, but close).

SAKs_On_The_Beach_1_20190429.jpg

Set me back $250 when I bought it, but you only live once and this is EXACTLY what I was looking for in an EDC knife. Note, the blue is different in the pictures because it slightly changes depending on the color of the sky and the lighting.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top