JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Anyone own one of these that would care to give their opinions on the setup? I am looking for something to mate to my AR once the parts arrive and this is one of the "choices" I am considering.

I already have one of the Burris Fast Fire Red Dot Sights on my GSG-5 and I really like it. My question has more to do with whether or not the 1-4x24 scope is worth the green rectangles or not?

The thing that I like about this setup is that it's about half what a Trijicon + Red Dot goes for. :s0155:

burris XTR-14.jpg

Last Edited:
<broken link removed>

I'm running one very similar to this, works great. Very little $$ to get into the "low power variable" concept, so if you end up not liking it, you're not out a fortune.

I've heard good reports on the Burris, but haven't used one myself....

I have one,In my opinion it is the best....I mount a Burris on all my rifles and I figured why not this one.....I questioned the cost but after some research I bought one...Since mounted three friends of mine have bought one...I need to raise this up some but here it is...
If you buy one,You will not be disappointed...

burris-2.jpg

Good to hear that you are happy with it. I've already got the Fast Fire on my GSG-5 and was hoping that the XTR would be a good fit on my future (waiting on parts) AR. :s0155:

with the red dot sitting that high wouldn't that limit its effectiveness? You'd have the distance you sighted it in for and not much else right?

I've been considering getting one too and that's my only concern.

with the red dot sitting that high wouldn't that limit its effectiveness? You'd have the distance you sighted it in for and not much else right?

I've been considering getting one too and that's my only concern.

Yes....most guys have them mounted for fast shots at close ( <50 yards ) targets. Think 3 gun, or Practical Rifle.

Scope for distance, dot for up close and fast.

I was curious about Zero Ring's price he was going to pay.... of course I am more than happy to ship you a sling.... or two... or three.. :)

I've seen the XTR only on eBay for about $550 and once I saw the full setup (including the Fast Fire Red Dot and the rings, part #201903) for around $740.

I wish I'd have jumped on the "full" one... because once it sold I haven't seen it there since and the best price I've found elsewhere is in the low to mid $800 range. :(

All sights have mechanical offset. If the gun is sighted for 25 yards on an iron sighted AR the bullet "climbs" the 2.5 inches from the bore to the 25 yard zero.... then up (roughly in a 16" barrel) +3" at 50 and +6-7" at 100.... Regardless of the system you use the round is not like a laser, even though what you are looking at/through is. Mechanical offset/trajectory is pretty important to know for precision shooting. Especially upclose.

The nice thing about this combo is that the scope can be sighted in for once distance and then the Red Dot can be sighted in for another (presumably closer) distance independently of the scope. :s0155:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top