1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!
  2. We're giving away over $850 in prizes this month -- enter now for your chance to win!
    Dismiss Notice

Opinions on Beretta 96G Vertec .40

Discussion in 'Handgun Discussion' started by glockguy, Jul 6, 2010.

1. glockguy

glockguy Albany Oregon Well-Known Member

So a co worker ( praise the lord for broke co-wokers lol), sold me his Beretta 96G Vertec .40. Now Im not a fan of full size guns, but the fact that he sold it to me for $230 with 2 mags 100 rounds or ammo and box, in like GOOD condition.. a few wear marks, but not bad at all) made me buy it... now someone tell me about this gun! lol.. :confused: Its got a rail on it so if all else it would be a good bed side gun with a light/laser combo attached
  2. magnum

magnum Springfield American....'nuff said

I also have a vertec, (9mm version). I am very happy with mine as it is far more accurate than a 92f that I owned several years ago. The vertec has a stainless barrel that the other 92/96 d's,f's don't.The grip frame is smaller that the regular 92/96 and the trigger is reset further back in the frame for people with shorter fingers. Basically it's a 92/96 made for smaller hands with the addition of an accessory rail. The 92/96 vertec take the same magazines as the regular 92/96's. Also, the front sight is dovetailed so you can install night sights with out any additional machining. For the price you paid, you got a heck of a deal. The addition of a light/laser combo on your 96 would make it a perfect bedside gun.
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2010
  3. HMason

HMason Friday Harbor New Member

I loved my 96. very controllable fits large and small hands. The ex got mine so i'm looking for another.