JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hello all,
Sorry if I'm askig a question that's been asked before (I have a feeling it has) but I'm still new here. Anyway, I'm looking at a Romanian RPK here in Beaverton. Something I've been interested in for a while. Any thoughts on this particular gun? I've been doing a lot of reading but thought I'd try for some opinions from the forum guys. The mag is pretty sloppy and the front sight does seem to be canted a bit. It also has a thumb hole butt stock and what looks like a 10 round mag, more like what you'd see on a Dragunov. The barrel and receiver look good to me, as does the stock. I've been thinking of an AK47 but this one looked interesting so I thought i'd look into it. Just looking for something for recreation, not necessarily a serious shooting rifle. But I don't want a piece that is constantly malfunctioning either. The shop is asking $390. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks!

If its the original AES-10, its basically a WASR with a longer barrel, not anything like a true RPK. Since it has a butthole stock, this might be what it is, but I didn't think the Romanians put one of those on anything other than their .22 AKs and PSLs. (Are you sure this rifle isn't a PSL? That 10-round mag you mentioned has me wondering.) The AES-10B is more true to the real RPK with a correct RPK bipod, heavy barrel and carry handle...a better weapon overall. Do your due diligence on this one and figure out what the shop has. If its the 10, you might not want it. If its the 10B, at $390 its a steal. There are lots of reviews out there of both systems to help you decide.

Keith

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads