JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am hoping that someone with more shooting experience than I have will share their thoughts and opinions about these .40 rounds:

Winchester 165gr SXT
Hornady 180gr XTP

I have shot both thru my Glock 23,Sig P226+P229,and Stoeger Cougar,but cannot tell any difference. I guess what I'm wanting to know is if one is better to carry than the other. Thanks in advance!

I am hoping that someone with more shooting experience than I have will share their thoughts and opinions about these .40 rounds:

Winchester 165gr SXT
Hornady 180gr XTP

I have shot both thru my Glock 23,Sig P226+P229,and Stoeger Cougar,but cannot tell any difference. I guess what I'm wanting to know is if one is better to carry than the other. Thanks in advance!
My personal preference is the Hornady. I use Hornady in my carry guns almost exclusively. A little extra mass and energy is a good thing in my book. :)

My .40 preference is Federal LE Tactical HST 165gr.

a7698140ce325d46aea925c2d4c6a3e6_small.jpg

I have been searching the site for some info on ammo for a G22 .40. I was at Walmart today, and they had federal 180gr and Winchester 180gr and 165gr. Both were about $13/50 rounds. I'm just wondering what the difference is. Thanks!

Ty

The different weights matter depending on what length barrel you're shooting from. In my M&P compact, the lighter stuff (under 165gr) will deliver a higher fps & more energy to the target than the 170 & 180 gr stuff. Dont assume the higher grain stuff = better. The little s&w w/ the right ammo will shoot better than my fullsize G22 for me.
There is some really great info out there on this testing...google "FBI 40 s&w" or something like that for more info.

I love the XTP but have no experience in the .40. I have shot and chronoed and shot a lot of gelatin with the RA40T 165 Win Ranger... impressive. I dont think you could make a bad choice there.... basically I doubt 15 grains and either style would matter anywhere near as much as shot placement....

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top