JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
You guys know that I go to Montana every year and shoot rodents.
Well. After 20 years or so I wore out one customized 10/22. Rebuilt it . And finally bought a $1200 Kidd 10/22 with a light weight Tactical solutions barrel and Volquartsen trigger group.

No I didn't pay $1200. I bought it from the guy that built it and had no real use for it for $800.
There is a use for these High End 10/22's for some. ;)

Whats the deal with long range shooting...

Thats why I gotta have them older 60's man. Why worship at the alter of the 10/22 when I can find model 60's for around a hunsky? Truth be told though I did build a 10/22 from factory parts that just loves federal bulk. Most accurate 10/22 I've ever seen or had my hands on. Into it for less than 2 fitty ($200 actually but I just like saying 2 fitty)

I have, lets just say, several Marlin 60's. I've found that with a little adjustment they will eat any type of ammo in the 22LR standard velocity fare. Yes, they are very adjustable.

Adjustments. Well, the most prevalent problem I've seen occurring in a Glenfield/Marlin 60 is fail to eject or stove piping. Its usually the little pin out of whack that you can see over the feed lips there (top left over the feed lips). The ejector grabs the shell on the outboard side then as the bolt retracts it runs into that pin on the inboard side and kicks the shell out. If that pin isnt in the right place you can have random stovepiping or fail to ejects. Another thing I've found is that some of those rifles have a god awful pull weight. What that problem is is that sometimes with the combination of stamped, mass production thrown together parts, when you pull the trigger the sear is actually cocking the hammer a tad further and the hammer spring is the heaviest spring in the rifle. What I've dome in that case is to cut one coil off the hammer spring and/but more importantly stoned the angle on the sear so that it slides out without cocking further the hammer. Polishing the top of the rails as in the picture there allows the bolt to slide a tad easier as well as cleaning up that hammer.

Actiongroup 002.jpg sear.jpg