JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Savage has the -20 moa rail as well. Get a scope with enough internal adjustment on the turret and the -20 mount isn't needed. The cold shot makes for very rapid and very accurate fine tuning and has the advantage of boosting your scopes internal adjustments.

Most here, and there are MANY sold here, are in 6.5CM, simply because we can, and do, a lot of >1000 yard shooting. In spite of rumours to the contrary, the UK is very well provided for where longer and more challenging ranges are concerned. There's a 1200 yard range about 20 minutes drive from my house, BTW.

The way that things are going here, the RPR looks like being the most popular gun of the decade. At the recent British Shooting show I was told by the importers, Viking Arms, that another 400 were heading our way this month, and most had a name on them already.

The tegumentally-challenged ethnic minority in the lumber stack is that the price has taken a hike with the introduction of the so-called Model #2 version, and is now heading towards $2000+ at an astonishing rate of climb that would do an F22 proud.

It is still seen as a bargain here, though, in spite of that, with the new Tikka T3X coming it at over $2300.00.

tac

As someone also interested in a RPR, this has been a great read.

Now I too am on the fence about the caliber, 20 minutes ago it was 6.5 all the way :rolleyes:

That review of the Savage points out some things to consider, He got an improvement in accuracy by changing the stock, This tells me that he ether didn't torque his screws on the factory stock, or he didn't check the bedding to see that it was consistent and had full support. I also suspect he didn't fully break in his barrel before doing his report. I have been able to get less then 1/4 moa out of my 10T-SR with simple mods and adjustments. Now it sits in a very trick MasterClass F-Prone stock and combined with a few more tricks, it is a 4" natural dispersion rifle at well beyond a grand. Mine really likes the 168 gr MatchKing BTHPT and the 175 Gr SMK's the best. Also puts respectable groups with Swift Scriccos 165 gr. FOr a long reaching hunting round on Yoties.
For some serious Long range work, Have a look at this mount.
Cold Shot Scope Base System - MOAB 150 and M1A/M14

It's good to have your POV. I noticed that particular review seemed much more negative than the other reviews I've read of the stock Model 10's, but I couldn't comment on whether he was looking properly at the items you mentioned.

you say .308 but mine is 6.5 looks like we gotta start prepping to load another round.
the more i read about it and talk to people with experience there's no doubt that the 6.5 is great. im a 30cal guy. u of all ppl know that my safe is full of .30cal rifles LOL. i need to try new things.

yes, without a doubt we will reload 6.5 together.

This is 200yards, .308 RPR (first gen, w/added break), bipod, sitting, yesterday:

IMG_2502.JPG

...using PPU 7.62 145gr M80 FMJ BT!!!

...& I can't shoot worth poo!! But slowly getting better...

So you guys who've been doing this a long while will have a heck of a lot of fun with one of these rifles.

As to caliber? Dunno. I shoot what I have. Folks go either way on that 6.5 vs the .308 in that rifle. Mention the 6.5 may "cut" windy conditions better.

This is 200yards, .308 RPR (first gen, w/added break), bipod, sitting, yesterday:

View attachment 379382

...using PPU 7.62 145gr M80 FMJ BT!!!

...& I can't shoot worth poo!! But slowly getting better...

So you guys who've been doing this a long while will have a heck of a lot of fun with one of these rifles.

As to caliber? Dunno. I shoot what I have. Folks go either way on that 6.5 vs the .308 in that rifle. Mention the 6.5 may "cut" windy conditions better.

Dang nice shooting!! I'm not sure I would say you can't shoot worth a poo that looks pretty good to me. ;)

I shot a buddy's RPR last weekend in .308 and was hitting 800 yards consistently in high wind.

Thought I'd bump my old thread. Got an invitation from some fine folks on the forum to try out several bolt guns to see what I think - I wanted to come back to this thread and review. My fear is that I'll want them all! I guess we'll see how it goes in a couple of weeks.

Thought I'd bump my old thread. Got an invitation from some fine folks on the forum to try out several bolt guns to see what I think - I wanted to come back to this thread and review. My fear is that I'll want them all! I guess we'll see how it goes in a couple of weeks.

I don't think you will want them all! My guess is you will fall in love with one for one reason and the other for another reason and look for the perfect rifle that fits you.

Just a hunch. Can't wait to read what happens! ;):D

Anybody tried out the new Sabatti tactical yet? I shot the regular-looking Sabatti with the 1" diameter, no-taper, heavy as **** barrel a couple of weeks back, and put five shots through the same hole at 100m - the new owner was seriously peeved.

tac

Why? I have had people out shoot me with my own rifle. It actually made me smile because I know that I bought a nice rifle. Not everyone can be an ace shot.

Same here - I'm no marksman, not by a long stretch, but if someone can shoot a gun I own really well, then at least I know I have something I can work into. Now, if I were a serious competitor and someone was out-shooting me with my competition rifle, I may just be a little irked :p

Same here - I'm no marksman, not by a long stretch, but if someone can shoot a gun I own really well, then at least I know I have something I can work into. Now, if I were a serious competitor and someone was out-shooting me with my competition rifle, I may just be a little irked :p

Ya I am more of the perception that there is always someone that is better at anything that you do so I guess it doesn't really bother me. I would take the time to learn from them so I can be better. ;)

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top