JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I, like many others carry openly while on my property by choice and concealed when away. .

I open carry anytime I am not wear a coat for weather reasons...I am a firm believer that a holstered gun is notice I can defend myself...and an informed criminal can then make an itelligent choice...

As I said, I have never removed my carry in anger, just it's being there has been enough in every situation I have ever been in...including the one where the guy that was intent on doing me harm...left...in a hurry when he just saw the holstered gun. Never had to pull it out of the holster.

I live in Okanogan County, I know the laws, and IMHO, if you are going out to protect your property and challange someone with a holstered gun, and they attack you, you are no longer protecting property...but it has been my experience that those type people most likely will leave your property, and you alone...when they see it could be very damaging to their health. You don't need to pull the gun for them to understand that, they only need to see you are armed.

I open carry anytime I am not wear a coat for weather reasons...I am a firm believer that a holstered gun is notice I can defend myself...and an informed criminal can then make an itelligent choice...

As I said, I have never removed my carry in anger, just it's being there has been enough in every situation I have ever been in...including the one where the guy that was intent on doing me harm...left...in a hurry when he just saw the holstered gun. Never had to pull it out of the holster.

I live in Okanogan County, I know the laws, and IMHO, if you are going out to protect your property and challange someone with a holstered gun, and they attack you, you are no longer protecting property...but it has been my experience that those type people most likely will leave your property, and you alone...when they see it could be very damaging to their health. You don't need to pull the gun for them to understand that, they only need to see you are armed.

so what is the thought on what was said by "hermannr", if you were to open carry out your house a shotgun or rifle, even a AR, not drawing on the subject, but openly displaying the firearm. Does it make a difference if now you have a weapon or shotgun instead of a pistol. AND TO ADD to that, does it make a difference if it is in both your hands and POINTED away from the subject or does it have to be on a type of sling not pointing at the person. These are the details that confuse me. I know it sounds similar and complex, but there is a difference and that is the difference between being charged and not charged for a crime you never even knew or intended on committing.

so what is the thought on what was said by "hermannr", if you were to open carry out your house a shotgun or rifle, even a AR, not drawing on the subject, but openly displaying the firearm. Does it make a difference if now you have a weapon or shotgun instead of a pistol. AND TO ADD to that, does it make a difference if it is in both your hands and POINTED away from the subject or does it have to be on a type of sling not pointing at the person. These are the details that confuse me. I know it sounds similar and complex, but there is a difference and that is the difference between being charged and not charged for a crime you never even knew or intended on committing.

On property, a pistol or long arm needs to be pointed in a safe direction (not directly at the preson)...IN YOUR ABODE, you may point a pistol or long gun directly at the person.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top